suitable wedding gift

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bees Knees Posts: 14
Hi All, I am just looking for some opinions on this one. Basically my BF's brother is getting married soon and my BF is a groomsman at the wedding. Now i have meet his brother a few times and met his fiance once she is really lovely and we got on great altogether. My dilema is this, i am sentimental so i would like to get them a gift especially as it is my BF's brother but my BF reckons we should just give them money. What do ye reckon? And if it was ye would ye prefer the gift or cash? i know everyone is different. Thanks
gerbil Posts: 3528
personally I'd prefer the gift but i suspect your BF knows what his brother wants - probably he's heard them say they want cash. If it were me I'd go with what the BF wants but why not get a small, senitmental gift as well, to put with it?
BellaBee Posts: 2506
Well some people give cash and a little gift as a momento... a nice piece of pottery, a set of engraved champagne glasses, photo frames... we some of the little extras we got.
ya u are probarbly right, his brother must have mentioned something to him, thats a good idea alright, any suggestions?
thanks libran sorry posted that last reply in the middle of yours im guessing
Walking Bump Posts: 2095
Go with the cash and get something really small then as a keepsake.
Walking Bump Posts: 2095
Go with the cash and get something really small then as a keepsake.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="Clio 07":j3gt8vog]Go with the cash and get something really small then as a keepsake.[/quote:j3gt8vog] I second this option.
mad woman Posts: 22106
we got money from my dads friends in america and fab vera wang champagne flutes with our names on them you could get them nice photo frame for their wedding photo.
Thanks everyone. I think its pretty conclusive - cash and a little keepsake it is! thanks again