Suitcase recommendations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mari yay Posts: 4045
Just looking into getting some proper suitcases for honeymoon, can anyone recommend some? Ideally, would like hard cased luggage, with 4 wheels. Any wollies that travel alot that could tell me a good brand?
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
I think that Samonite are supposed to be the very best but they'd be pricey. Another wollie recommended this site for something else and I have just ordered some sheets on it. Have a look at the suitcases - everything is vastly reduced [url:2i27ooov]http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bags/33/store.html[/url:2i27ooov]
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Samsonite have excellent suitcases, MrsSG, they have ones that are hard-cased, 4-wheels and have a lock on them that is suitable for a spot check at US immigration (so there!!) They have an outlet in Kildare Village, thats where we've got ours recently! :wv
[quote="bridesmaidzilla":10ompeuh]Samsonite have excellent suitcases, MrsSG, they have ones that are hard-cased, 4-wheels and have a lock on them that is suitable for a spot check at US immigration (so there!!) They have an outlet in Kildare Village, thats where we've got ours recently! :wv[/quote:10ompeuh] Were they expensive? Checked out the Kildare Village website, but it just direct you to the Samsonite homepage so it's hard to know what sort of discount the outlet offers.
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
We paid about €150 for a large suitcase, DH is a divil for negotiating with staff in Kildare Village too, he's always managed to knock a few € off everything he buys, if you hit KV at the right time, you can get a good bargain HTH :wv
[quote="bridesmaidzilla":33v3gesn]We paid about €150 for a large suitcase, DH is a divil for negotiating with staff in Kildare Village too, he's always managed to knock a few € off everything he buys, if you hit KV at the right time, you can get a good bargain HTH :wv[/quote:33v3gesn] Oh thanks for that OH is always asking.. Whats the REAL price?!! I do be morto! I checked out the overstock website, lovely stuff but the suitcases were €116 and the shipping was €113!!!
ott Posts: 3920
We got two large Samsonite cases last year in the shop in Kildare Village. They were either €100 or €120 each. Ours have four wheels, but they're not hard cases.
Kaycee Posts: 2107
antler are another good brand
[quote="Kaycee":3vl7tt1m]antler are another good brand[/quote:3vl7tt1m] Yes they seem very reasonable from Argos too, thanks Wollies, as usual a never ending source of answers!!
Kaycee Posts: 2107
yep arnotts have them too. i got a nice one in sale last year so might be worth a look!