Suits on the highstreet? Suggestions please...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rogue User Posts: 6101
Hi girls, We are buying the suits for our wedding party as we don't want to go with the usual wedding look suits. Would love a more stylish look. So does anyone know where we could get cheap suits without them looking or feeling cheap! I have looked at Burton menswear and like a few of the wool suits but would love to know of other menswear stores. Or if anyone knows suit hire places that have non-wedding like suits, maybe slim fit suits and the like, could they let me know too, thanks.
2ndtimer Posts: 336
Hi BrideOfRecession, What type of suits are you looking for. In that are they still groomsmen type or normal. Would you like tuxedos'? They have them in M&S at the moment for €70. For more groom like I'd try there also, Debenhams have a nice range (to hire too) and BHS. I got the men tux's in M&S and shirts from ebay.
Weddingloon Posts: 445
We went to SavoyTailors Guild in Kildare village, if you're close-ish to there, got a great deal. Suits looked great and not cheap at all. They went for slimfit black with skinny black tie but they had loads of different ones!! :wv
[quote="Weddingloon":2kgy7jfd]We went to SavoyTailors Guild in Kildare village, if you're close-ish to there, got a great deal. Suits looked great and not cheap at all. They went for slimfit black with skinny black tie but they had loads of different ones!! :wv[/quote:2kgy7jfd] Sounds great - i'll def visit soon. Tuxes are not really what i Was thinking- thanks though.
lovelywine Posts: 404
We got ours from The Suit & Tux Warehouse just off Grafton Street - dealt with a guy called Ray. Great help and couldn't do enough for us. Suits were great quality and didn't cost much more then the cost to hire them. They also have a store in Balbriggan too.
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
Zara have really nice fitted suits, that are very reasonably priced
mackile Posts: 17
We got three piece suits in best menswear in dundrum on sunday.... They were on offer from €300 to €200 and there were very helpful The didnt have all the sizes in stock but said they coulod order what they didnt have in and get the grooms men in to try them. Also they said if we ordered the wrong size there should be no problem getting the correct one The suits are really nice two - quite a slim fitted suit and the waistcoat adds a bit extra - colour is a dark charocal grey
lux Posts: 6270
Reiss are fantastic for slim fitting suits. My OH buys his suits from a tailor in the city centre, so he'll probably get his wedding suit there too, but I know people who've bought in Reiss and have been very happy with them!
Thank you girls, I'll check them all out. :thnk
wifeyguest Posts: 54
well we got a bargain for our suits , we got four 3 piece suits in the most unlikely place of tesco and even my very fussy mother and mother inlaw were impressesd with them and i must say they look lovely for €300 in total for 4 suits cant go wrong with that, my OH wont wear it again :o)ll