Sun Bed //// Spray Tan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nciara20 Posts: 110
hi guys just wondering which you could recommend??? im very very wary of sun beds and always said i wouldnt go on one but im quiet worried about tan rubbin on to my dress under the arms n that ive had loads of spray tans done and they have came out nice but think id be a bit paranoid about it comin out on the dress any advice on what ye are doing/have done??thanks!! :wv :wv
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
i know people hate sunbeds and they are sooooooooo dangerous but me and fake tan just dont get on, i've tried so many and i'm always left streaky and never perfect so i will be using the sunbed before my big day!!
bizarre bride Posts: 234
+1 for the sun bed. I have used them in the past, only a few times and never had a problem with them. As handy as fake tans are I don't want to be yellow/orange ;o) in my wedding photos so I will do a couple of sunbeds before the big day.
nciara20 Posts: 110
ye and another thing that bothers me with tan is it will be coming off when ill b on honeymoon and its patchy n horrible looking..still kinda afraid of the whole sunbed thing would one course be enough? i knw it depends on my skin but on average amy body know??
bizarre bride Posts: 234
I only did 3or4 15 min sessions the last time and had a nice glow. I tan quite easily as I have sallow skin. As you say depends on your skin tone. You could try the old beta carotene trick and take a course of them before and during using the sun bed. They enhance the skins natural pigment helping you tan better!!!
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
[quote="bizarre bride":fivbsa2b]I only did 3or4 15 min sessions the last time and had a nice glow. I tan quite easily as I have sallow skin. As you say depends on your skin tone. You could try the old beta carotene trick and take a course of them before and during using the sun bed. They enhance the skins natural pigment helping you tan better!!![/quote:fivbsa2b] 15 mins is a long time!! But suppose it depend in skin tone! Im pale ish and did a 7 min one randomly last year and fried my butt and boobs!! Let me tell u they are itchy when burnt!! Started off now again 4 mins twice a week!! What's beta carotene?
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I have really bad dry skin to the point where I've been to several dermatologists about it in the past. Anyway because my skin is so bad fake tans don't work on me. I've tried 4 or 5 different ones but they never work, the tan ends up flaking off my arms especially and the tan doesn't take to my neck/chest at all. One that does work though is the Dove gradual glow moisturiser and Johnsons Holiday Skin, I have used them in the past to build a gradual tan, they do work and don't streak! They're very effective if you mix both together!! For my own wedding I did the sunbeds for 6 weeks before the wedding, I just did one session a week and two in the last week, had never been on them before but I wanted to make sure I had some colour on the day I also tan very easily so over the 7 sessions I got a good colour. I think the longest session I was on was for ten minutes. I can't imagine I'll ever use them again and tbh I wasn't too keen on using them in the first place due to all the negative things you hear about them but it certainly worked out for me and gave me a good base for the honeymoon. Maybe go to your salon and talk to them about the pros/cons of both.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
Another one for the sun bed. Fake tan hates me due to ecszema(sp?) and I end up looking like I have fish scales. Also I have that type of skin that doesn't colour easily at all so no worries about burning. I loved the results.
McLisa Posts: 1815
Another +1 for the sunbeds. I have used them when I was younger and got a nice glow and I will prob use for the wedding too. I have eczema and very sensitive skin so most tans even the organic ones irritate my skin, I also have random dry patches which tan just clings to so I plan on doing a series of sessions before the wedding plus I'm expecting the pre-wedding stress to aggravate my eczema and apparently light treatment helps so it could be a blessing! There are plenty of negatives for using them but it couldn't be any worse than your two week holiday in the sun...im hoping!! Just make sure you wear goggles and cover any moles with a sun block!
highbeam Posts: 2578
Ive never used a sunbed, I dont really agree with them but Im thinking about going on them for the wedding as I dont want to use tan. In a perfect world Id be heading off to the sun for a week a couple of weeks before the wedding but I know thats not going to happen. I tan quite easily, how many sunbed sessions would you need to do?