Sunflower seeds?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lunasa Posts: 140
I know its not recommended to eat nuts during pg ( which i LOVE) but is oi ok to eat sunflower seeds? sorry bout all the silly questions :-8
chigli Posts: 266
I used to have sunflower & flaxseeds with my cereal each morning. I also had some nuts - now only a couple of times but did eat a good bit of peanut butter (at least once a week). I didn't want to exclude them completely so LO would never have tasted them & then might have a reaction to them later on. He is still too young for nuts but hope that he won't be allergic to them
Lunasa Posts: 140
thanks for that chigli
Inlove10 Posts: 806
I think it's just peanuts they say to stay away from Sunflower seeds are actually recommended, they're a very good source of nutrition and good for your digestion
milis Posts: 7998
[quote="Inlove10":327z6xkh]I think it's just peanuts they say to stay away from Sunflower seeds are actually recommended, they're a very good source of nutrition and good for your digestion[/quote:327z6xkh] Exactly! There was one chain of shops had some brand of sunflower seeds recalled a few weeks ago, due to a salmonella scare, but other than that, there's no problem wiht them, or nuts other than peanuts.