Supervalu 5 star hotel breaks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SandyPants Posts: 50
Has anyone done one of these recently? I went for one of these this weekend, stayed in the Muckross park hotel in Killarney... Now i have used the deal twice before and stayed in the Sheraton at foto wildlife park in cork (absolutly fab!) and the Heritage in Portlaoise (Not so fab but still enjoyable). both of these deals was €300 for 2 nights b&b for 2 and dinner on one night... so when i booked the deal this weekend i was 100% sure it was the same.. even had a wee confrontation with the receptionist and waitress when it came to charging us for the meal, I was so dissapointed when i looked up my email and saw b&b only. So i was wondering if I was losing it and this is how it always was or if supervalu has changed it recently? Just to add i didnt enjoy the weekend at all, the room was not a 5 star room in my opinion. Tiny bathroom & bathtub (with the hand rail was falling off), a big old telly i am surprised was still working with the digital switchover! very small room, bad soundproofing, breakfast was not overly impressive... very disapointed :(
ceewa Posts: 478
the last time i was on was of these was November last year in the Hayfield Manor in Cork and it was only B&B then, i can't remember the time i went to Fota, we had dinner but not sure if it was included
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Hi SandyPants, You're not losing it - it's definitely changed :weep I used to use those quite a bit and it was great value to get the meal etc included but had a look about 2 weeks ago and was the same as you, thinking WTF where's the great deal gone!
SandyPants Posts: 50
Thank god SunnyK, that makes me feel better! I felt like such a dope when I went too pay and i was so certain it was all included! To make things worse it just dawned on me last night that i had paid a €40 deposit when i booked it online and they never took it off my bill when I checked out....:duh: