"Sure I knew you were pregnant"

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oirish Posts: 1541
God is this not THE most annoying statement !!!!! Everyone I tell says it to me, why can't they just say congrats instead of yeah - you've looked like crap for a few weeks now I knew you were pregnant !!!
fantac Posts: 4109
yeh it annoys me too!! but its nicer than them being so totallyshocked that we were idiotic enough to get duffed 6 month sbefore the wedding - like hello do we look like were bovvered!!!!!
Delish Posts: 4176
Yeah i hear you both. I friend I told also said to meon Tuesday 'How are you feeling' I said better and she said yeah your skin looks alot better you looked really bad there a few weeks ago >:o(
charli Posts: 5994
i got that from a number of work colleagues - when i got past the 12 week mark and had been bursting to tell them all at least 3 or 4 said yeah we thought you were! i think a lot of women say it when really they have no clue - i have never been told someone was pg and thought yeah i had been thinking that alright, unless they were say 16-18 weeks or something!
2006wedding Posts: 965
haha i got this too, mostly from hubby's relatives though! was told they knew by the colour of my lips ( :eek ) and how pale my skin had gone! lol!
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="charli":3p0a62xm]i got that from a number of work colleagues - when i got past the 12 week mark and had been bursting to tell them all at least 3 or 4 said yeah we thought you were! i think a lot of women say it when really they have no clue - i have never been told someone was pg and thought yeah i had been thinking that alright, unless they were say 16-18 weeks or something![/quote:3p0a62xm] its funny - i never suspect pregnancy, but i did go into teh canteen the otehr day and say "janey mack - xxx has put on a bit of pork hasn;t she?" poor girlie is 20 weeks duffed - oops. at least nobody is guessing about me yet!!
Bear Posts: 671
So far no one had guessed before we told them. Haven't been sick and no one knew we were trying, especially seeing as its so soon after wedding. I haven't told anyone in work except the boss, so we'll see how it goes down when I break the news.
lunamie Posts: 271
I don't think people guessed about me - my mom hadn't a clue and she is usually pretty clued in to things. But then I told them my parents at 10 weeks and friends at 12 so it wasn't like I was big. As for guessing about other people - as soon as any of my sporty friends run a bit slower, don't go to a race they should be at or enter a shorter race then everyone will make a guess..... Quite a few times I've heard from someone, "oh XYZ was running slowing at the weekend, I bet she's pregnant" and a few weeks later guess what we hear. One of the girls was amazed everyone had guessed but she just laughed at it and said that she hadn't realised how much slower she was running. It's just a bit of a game really and it doesn't matter if people guess - the main thing is that the baby is ok.