Swap your Recipe's Please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

katiemomma Posts: 2690
Hi ladies when ever I see posts about dinner or food shopping ye seem to have lovely meal options so if possible and If ye don't mind can ye post a recipe of yours on this thread. I have plenty of recipe books but something that an actual wollie makes and is tried and tested sounds better to me. I'm sure we all would appreciate some new ideas. Thanks :-8
shepiena Posts: 188
just posting so i can get some too
Kaycee Posts: 2107
this is a new one i made the other night (got from bbc). really simple but not very healthy! [quote:zjdtobhh][b:zjdtobhh]Italian sausage meatballs and garlic roasties[/b:zjdtobhh] Ingredients 8 good-quality pork sausages 100g cubed pancetta (i used smoked bacon) 1 onion , finely chopped 2 celery sticks, finely chopped 3 garlic cloves , finely chopped 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes 3 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar 1 tsp fennel seeds 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp chilli flakes (use less if you want less heat) 1 tbsp dried rosemary 4 garlic cloves , crushed 1kg floury potato , peeled and chopped into small cubes Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put a large non-stick roasting tin into the oven to get hot. Lightly crush the rosemary and mix with the garlic and 4 tbsp olive oil. Add the cubed potatoes, toss and coat well with the mixture. Tip into the hot roasting tin. Roast for 40-45 minutes turning occasionally. Meanwhile, remove skins from the sausages, and divide each sausage into 4, and roll into meatballs. Heat a little olive oil in a pan, add the meatballs and pancetta and cook on a low heat until coloured. Scoop these out of the pan. Add the chopped vegetables (not the tomatoes) to the pan until softened - around 5 minutes. Return the meatballs and pancetta. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fennel seeds, oregano and chilli, bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 30 minutes. Season. Serve with the potatoes and some greens [/quote:zjdtobhh]
LittleLily Posts: 3682
[quote="Kaycee":2p8qbnqo]this is a new one i made the other night (got from bbc). really simple but not very healthy! [quote:2p8qbnqo][b:2p8qbnqo]Italian sausage meatballs and garlic roasties[/b:2p8qbnqo] [/quote:2p8qbnqo][/quote:2p8qbnqo] This sounds amazing. Just read it out to hubby so its on the shopping list for this week. Thanks for posting This is a Jamie Oliver recipe that I've tried. I'm not big on measurements and stuff. I'm more of a bit of this, bit of that type. I'm gona post it the way we use it though but you can google the actual way. [quote:2p8qbnqo] [b:2p8qbnqo]Incredible Baked Cauliflower and Broccoli Cannelloni[/b:2p8qbnqo] Sometimes we can't get the cannelloni tubes so we make it as a lasagne instead broccoli (we go by eye) cauliflower 2 cloves of garlic a few anchovies (theres only 2 of us so we usually take a few out of a tin and freeze the rest) small chili passata a bechamel sauce, whatever recipe you use. Jamie used creme fraiche mixed with parmesan instead Cook the cauliflower and broccoli, we usually steam them but boiling would be fine. Heat some olive oil in a pan and add garlic. Add the chili and anchovies and fry for a while. Add this to the broccoli and cauliflower and mash everything together. If making cannelloni, fill the shells with the mixture and place in a baking dish. Pour passata over the mixture. Pour bechamel sauce over the passata and top with some cheese if you wish. If making lasagna, place half of the mixture in the bottom of a lasagna dish. Place half the passata above this and a layer of lasagna sheets. Place half the bechamel over the lasagna sheet and repeat. Cook in an oven at 190c for 30-40 minutes. Serve with a rocket salad. [/quote:2p8qbnqo] Its yummy and suitable for vegetarians (though not vegans)
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
This is one of my fav comfort food dishes [url:dcb91reg]http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/8341/shearers-mince-and-potato-casserole.aspx[/url:dcb91reg] Serves: 6 5 medium potatoes 1 tablespoon olive oil 500 grams mince 1 onion chopped 1 tablespoon tomato sauce 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce salt and pepper mushrooms 30g extra butter Cheese Sauce 60 grams butter 1 quarter cup plain flour 2 cups milk 1 cup grated tasty cheese [b:dcb91reg]Preparation method[/b:dcb91reg] Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 40 mins 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a large casserole dish. 2. Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices and place in a bowl of cold water. 3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add mince, onion, sauces, salt and pepper. Cook over a medium heat until the mince is browned. 4. To make the cheese sauce: melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour, blend until smooth and gradually add the milk and stir until sauce thickens. Reduce the heat to low and stir in cheese. Season to taste and remove from heat. 5. Line a casserole dish with half the drained potato slices. Pour in the mince mixture and top with mushrooms. Pour the cheese sauce over the mince mixture and top with remaining potatoes. Dot the potatoes with extra butter. 6. Cook for 30-40 minutes till the top is browned and bubbling. Yummy I also really like this very simple stir fry, I don't like ready made jars of sweet/sour sauces and the sauce for this is really easy and the whole thing is lovely [url:dcb91reg]http://www.safefood.eu/en/Consumer/Recipes/Dinner/Pork-Stir-Fry/[/url:dcb91reg] And this is my favourite chicken nugget recipe - the coating is rice krispies and it is gorgeous [url:dcb91reg]http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/new-finger-foods/chicken-nuggets[/url:dcb91reg]. If we have any left over chicken nuggets we used them in wraps for lunch the next day - yummy!
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
I always think we should have a 'what's for dinner' sticky, then someone will give out about the amount of stickies on here. I can never think of any when they come up though. I'm being boring tonight and having fish and spuds. We have a good lot of Indian, etc.
Couchkitten Posts: 438
Pan Fried Brie Ingredients a block of brie 2 eggs half a cup of milk Flour bread crumbs Olive/veg oil A chutney of your choice (I love cranberry or apple) Directions Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl Take the outer skin off of the brie and chop into chunks Rub the chunks of brie in the flour and then put into the egg mix Put the breadcrumbs on a plate and roll the individual chunks in the breadcrumbs until fully coated) Put a frying pan on the hob at a medium heat and with lots of oil Fry the brie until brown turning occasionally add more breadcrumbs as you cook if needed ENJOY
katiemomma Posts: 2690
[quote="mrssmith2be":261kd6e5]I always think we should have a 'what's for dinner' sticky, then someone will give out about the amount of stickies on here. I can never think of any when they come up though. I'm being boring tonight and having fish and spuds. We have a good lot of Indian, etc.[/quote:261kd6e5] I would also love a sticky about meals. There is one in food and drink but tbh I never go there its mostly about wedding meals/cakes. would rather it here. Thanks ladies for recpes so far :-8 Keep them coming!
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
Tonight I made this: [url:qxafv5s1]http://southernfood.about.com/od/ricerecipes/r/bl30205d.htm[/url:qxafv5s1] I wasn't overly accurate and don't have chilli sauce so just threw in some spices. It's alright and has promise, but I think the flavouring needs to be worked on. I will update ye when I have got it sorted. In a similar vein I made this recently and threw in some chicken to meaten it up: [url:qxafv5s1]http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/11/good-ol-basic-mexican-rice/[/url:qxafv5s1] it's was lovely.
rady1 Posts: 51
hi there , i made buttermilk chicken from stuart o keefe's website- he is doing a cookery show at the moment on tv3- honestly it was the most moist chicken we had ever eaten. i did it along with crushed baby new potatoes with roasted garlic- i just googled for a recipe and it was lovely. simon hopkinson 'the good cook' series on bbc made piedmontese peppers one night- which are roasted peppers stuffed with baby tomatoes and garlic- fab! i am not great at posting links but they are our current favourites !!