Swelling normal?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsmiaow Posts: 356
Yesterday and today my feet, ankles, legs and hands have become swollen. They went down a bit in bed last night but are swollen again today and tonight! My legs and knees seem to be the worst! Is this normal? BP was fine at last weeks app. As ticker says i'm 36 weeks pregnant!
mrsb09 Posts: 1292
Some swelling is normal in feet but u shud get to doc tommor to get blood pressure checked to be sure all ok.rest as much as can.
redroses Posts: 714
Swelling is a normal part of pregnancy but if it doesnt resolve itself with rest then i would get it checked out just to be on the safe side.
Mrs Snuffleupagus Posts: 554
My ankles and legs have been badly swollen on and off now since about 32 weeks. Doctor is monitoring my BP and urine. Think a certain amount of swelling at this stage is normal. As long as the other two are ok.
Thanks guys - was at the doc today BP and urine are fine so it's not a major issue!
Mrs Snuffleupagus Posts: 554
Good to hear !
flippersmrs Posts: 660
i swelled up huge after 32 weeks on ds. my hands and feet and ankles were massive. all fluid. bp was fine though. as long as bp is ok no need to worry. make sure to take off your rings though!!!
Thanks Flippers I have done that already- would be so afraid in case they would get stuck! I suppose the docs will keep an eye on bp and urine for the last few weeks!