Swimming with Ring

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunny505 Posts: 1807
Just wondering if anyone knows if it's okay to go swimming with your ring on. I was swimming last night and one of the girls in my class had her lovely shinny engagement, wedding and eternity rings on. I always assumed the chlorine in the pool would damage them. Anyone know?
puppet Posts: 61
as far as I know it doesn't necessarly damage them but it can cause a build up of grime and make the diamonds duller quicker, even though they do look extra shiny when you come out of the water. Just means you got to get them professionally cleaned more often, if you want to keep them in top condition.
marquise Posts: 595
I thought so too and I don't think it's the best thing for it but I've often worn my ring when swimming (I forget to take it off before I go and there's no way I'm leaving it in a locker). I would imagine that it wouldn't cause much harm unless you go swimming very often.
sunny505 Posts: 1807
Thanks for that. I did miss it :o( but I think I'll keep leaving it at home.
Nov Bridie 09 Posts: 967
I wear mine every day swimming & haven't noticed a build up of grime. Never thought to take it off! Hmm - maybe I'll start leaving it at home now just to be on the safe side!