Menu

swine flu booster

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mtv Posts: 935
hi i got the calvepan vaccine and in the hse clinic they were usnsure wether or not a booster was needed 3 weeks later. have any of ye got the call for the booster?
tilsun Posts: 4506
Same here, they said they'd call if they decided it was needed. I'd much prefer to get a blood test to test for immunity like with chicken pox etc. Wonder if there's chance of that?
SGirl Posts: 2542
They gave me an appt for 3 wks time but they said i mite not need it
hugo087 Posts: 315
Like sparklygirl they made an appointment for me for 3 wks time and also told me that I may not need it!
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
they announced on the news friday last week that a booster was not required
05/09 Bride Posts: 397
I think what they're saying now is a booster is required for kids under 5 and pregnant women. They say under 5s and pregnant womens immune system is very low. I think they'll know for def this week.
mtv Posts: 935
Tilsun, I got bloods done with my gp the day they confirmed i was pregnant. The results showed i was not immune from the chicken pox. i thought everybody got that checked out straight away.
tilsun Posts: 4506
[quote="mtv":2s2bn8oc]Tilsun, I got bloods done with my gp the day they confirmed i was pregnant. The results showed i was not immune from the chicken pox. i thought everybody got that checked out straight away.[/quote:2s2bn8oc] Yeah sorry, i wasn't clear. I was tested for chicken pox immunity and now that I've had the sf vaccine I'd love to be tested to see if immunity has kicked in. If not I could get booster, But if one dose was enough for me, I'd rather not have to get another just as a matter of routine. But if they're recommending it, then of course I'll get it, in for a penny- in for a pound