Swine Flu - Kildare women gives birth at 28 weeks!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
Story in the Herald today about a women in Kildare who was rushed to hospital for an emergency C-section at 28 weeks. Woman contacted flu on 24th Oct and had c-section last week. Both mum and baby are doing ok now but it had been thought that mum was going on life support last week :eek Please get your vaccine ladies if you havent already!
Daff Posts: 11644
Oh my God! :ooh Hadn't heard that anywhere. Glad they are ok.
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
That was a family friend of mine-if its the same person in the article. She was 30 weeks pregnant and ended in ICU in a critical condition, they weren't sure if she'd make it to the weekend but then a team came from coombe and gave her a section and the baba was very small for 30 weeks but was transported to maternity hosp and seems to be doing ok. Once the baby was delivered she started to get much better thank god. I wasnt going to post the story because not to scare everyone but things seem ok now
serenity Posts: 3675
Hi CBB, Oh my god I cannot believe Ava is 5 months old already :ooh How is she and you doing? Ava is my fave name too by the way!! God that is really scary... Are they both doing okay? Did she have any other underlying condition?? Stories like this are really scary..... xx
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city ... 37915.html Yep thats the lady i know....and no underlying condition Serenity-Avas great thank god, very small for her age, she about the size of a 2 or 2 and a half month old now but apart from that she's perfect! Audry (who has swine flu) is doing ok but still getting respitory attacks and still in James's, baba was 2.5lbs when born and doing well but mammy hasnt seen him yet which is hard for them both
hipbaby Posts: 4530
God that is scary. I am booked in for mine tomorrow and think I will feel bette when I have it I think!
kala Posts: 1937
cheer bear bride, i heard about that woman last week from another wollie here and it was the turning point which made me go and get the swine flu vaccine. i wasn't getting it up til last wed when my gp rang me, spoke to one of my wollie friends and she told me about that woman. also my gp told me that there were 3 pregnant women down here in cork seriously ill with swine flu, Glad to hear all has worked out for them. it really frightened the living day lights out of me