I am so confused now especially as we don't even know if that is what she has
I know it is my decision but I just thought that someone might help me make a decision.
I never took the swine flu jab when offered, I am int he UK and they were only offering the Pandemrix (adjavant one). I called the GP at the time and said that I wanted to decline that one and that if they get the other one Celvapan (non adjavant) I would have it. That was a couple of months ago, then last week I got a letter offering me Celvapan as it had been so long and Swine Flu didn't seem to be mentioned much on the news I thought that I would just plod on as I had done ok without either at this point.
My team leader has been off sick for 3 days she has been back to the Drs and they said it may or may not be swine flu (I don't think that they bother testing) Now I am back to my confused state!
I would get it. I just heard recently of a new mum who died from it - left a new born, a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old.
Both pandemrix and calvepan are equally safe. I would get either but definately get it.
plenty of babies have been born to date whose mothers got both vaccines.
A friend of mine is a doctor and told me there are still some preg women in the local hospital on ventilators who have swine flu...not all of them will make it and there are 2 who are only being kept alive until their babies are born and then they are going to switch off the ventilators.
just because it's not mentioned on the news anymore doesn't mean swine flu has gone away. Infact, the WHO are expecting another outbreak this spring. It comes in waves. Definately get vaccinated asap.
For your own peace of mind, I think you should get it. You still have a bit to go and it would be one less thing for you to worry about.
i wud get it hun, ive just gotten my 2nd injection of calvapen, another girl here got the pandemrix, and both of us are fine, no sickness or sideaffects, and i can feel babs moving about since my first one.
better safe than sorry, dh is gonna get it soon too x