Swollen ankle - devestated!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daff Posts: 11644
I was just changing into my runners to go for my walk at lunch and my left ankle is swollen! it's all puffy :o( :o( :o( It's only that one, think my pop socks might be a little tight on it, but i'm devestated. I'd gotten this far with no puffiness! :o(
SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
I got swollen ankles & feet when I was about 35wks pregnant with DD1... the best thing you can do is try to elevate your feet as much as possible & as night try putting a couple of pillows under your feet as lying down - helps circulation..
Peak Posts: 825
I know how you are feeling. The other day my left ankle and foot just suddenly swelled up. If it stuck my finger in to the skin it left a big indent. It's gone down a good bit but I have noticed it is starting to get quite swollen by the end of the day. Very annoying particularly as my right ankle isn't too bad at all. I bought little pumps to wear to my Christmas party but I doubt my left foot will fit them. The joys of the third trimester!
I sit in work with my feet up in front of my all day, and then i walk 8 miles a week, and drink 5 litres of water a day - so i was really determined not get swollen. Just rang DH and told him it's his fault for not giving me proper feet rubs in the evening - don't think he fell for it though! :o0
nini83 Posts: 1917
daffodil iv had swollen feet and ankles for weeks now it wrecks head so unsightly and can get quite achey i stand all day in my job which doesn't help. I was with my cons yest and he said its jus par for the course and he wasn't concerned as my bp has always been perfect.Best thing is to keep them elevated when possible as op said your so good goin walkin on your lunch i do sfa!!
silíní Posts: 4219
Keep you feet elevated on a pillow at night. I was like the michelin man from 33 wks, Ended up with pre eclampsia so if you get any more swelling get your BP checked just in case. I swear i was like some kind of sumo wrestler!!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
wait to u see your feet the day after babs comes :o0
[quote="funkyfish":1y41621y]wait to u see your feet the day after babs comes :o0[/quote:1y41621y] Oh no, is it bad?!!! :ooh
Blackbird Posts: 5135
I was really bad too. When the swelling went done after DS was born I thought I had the most fabulous legs and ankles on this earth because I hadn't seen them in so long (I don't by the way but it was a great confidence boost!).