swollen ankles already?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess_Jess Posts: 445
girls as you can see i am 24 weeks into my pregnancy, my ankles are really swollen already. is it not too early?? my dd is nearly 8 so i cant really remember if they were this bad already :-8
gemini chica Posts: 2581
PJ I have this the last couple of weeks and think its partly the heat but not sure, but my god my hands are unbelievable, I feel like I have arthristis in them and they are constantly in pain and cant open and close them fully without pain, worst is at night when trying to sleep. Doc told me its normal!! the joys :o0
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
Try and keep them elevated and drink plenty of water this should help a bit.Mine only started swelling the last two weeks. They should go down overnight if not maybe give your gp a call to be on the safe side.
thanks girls. when i am sitting i always try keep my feet up. i just hope its not the start of pre-ecampsia (sp?) gemini, no fear of me being able to blame the heat over here :o0 garfield best of luck over the next few weeks.
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
i have had swollen feet, ankles and hands since 20 weeks, just keep an eye on it and make sure you tell midwives and consultant at your appts. i am being monitored at the moment due to swelling, slightly elevated BP and protein in my urine since last week. apparently some people are just prone to swelling more so than others.
Nadie Posts: 1111
I've had this for a couple of months, never realised it was something I should be telling the midwives about... Anyhoo, just in terms of comfort, I was told yesterday about these roll-top socks you can get in Dunnes. They're not elasticated at the top so they don't cut off the blood supply to your feet (yay!). If you're going to be all swollen you can at least be comfortable!
thanks girls. the socks are leaving a huge mark on my legs. had a doc appt today and thankfully my urine was clear and my BP was ok. i'll just have to keep my feet up and hope for the best
yummum2010 Posts: 407
Yep, Ive got this too, in my hands and feet and my wrists are definately bigger too as my watch is getting tighter. My feet and hands actually get quite bad and sometimes in the morning I feel like I have arthritis in my hads as they are really sore and I cant grip things with them but it eases as the day goes on. Im just used to it now and know it will ease off after babs is born. Didnt realise either I should be telling midwife as thought it was normal and most girls got it :-8 Hubby calls me chubby fingers but he loves me really! :o0