Swollen Ankles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dunni Posts: 59
At the moment I have cankles & swollen feet, & I was wondering has anybody else suffered & what you did to releave it. The only reason I ask is I have a confirmation on Sunday week and wanted to wear a dress that the hubby got me (otherwise it just goes to waste) & to 'look good also', so the feet are an issue. And no its not the kind of dress that boots would look good with cause i tried already. Thanks guys.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Sorry, not what you want to hear but not sure if there's anything you can do with them. Try sleeping with your feet up on a pillow/cushion, this mightn't get rid of the swelling but should reduce it somewhat. Also put your feet up during the day as much as possible.
jarashow Posts: 3083
[quote="Winter B2B":4nn7n2y8]Sorry, not what you want to hear but not sure if there's anything you can do with them. Try sleeping with your feet up on a pillow/cushion, this mightn't get rid of the swelling but should reduce it somewhat. Also put your feet up during the day as much as possible.[/quote:4nn7n2y8] The same as what Winter said. I had these desperate last time round (touch wood nothing yet) and there is little you can do. Keep your feet up whenever sitting down, that's about it. Sorry!
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Sorry Dunni, In my experience, the girls are right :o( I had this so bad the last time I never thought I would see my ankles again.. I couldn't believe they would ever come back to normal. I had my feet up when ever i could, I was drinking lots of water (a piece of advise I was also given), had reduced salty foods completely (another thing I was told), nothing worked. Except labour :o0 About 2 months after our baby was born my ankles (and toes :eek ) reappeared! I still think my ankles look really skinning now :o0 Anyways hopefully we're wrong and somebody out there has a great tip on how to help this .. :wv
dunni Posts: 59
Thanks guys, I'm watching them over the next few mornings hoping that I can at least wear the dress to the confirmation then change before lunch later that day - cheats way out but how bad.