Swollen down below tmi!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lovemyboy Posts: 641
Hey, mortified now here girls but at my wits end :-8 I am expecting no 2 and am 35 weeks now. I have been suffering desperate veins below for a few weeks but holy crap the last few days are torture :weep the pain is so bad I'm sitting with an ice pack to my fairy now :-8 Have said it to the doc who bluffed it off as "one of these things!" Any one experience this and get any relief? Also will it be a problem during delivery? I am afraid to move now because of it :ooh
mrs shamrock Posts: 603
Hi iv suffered really bad with piles for years and know the pain your going through. I got a band put on them almost 2 years ago but doesnt last forever. Im overdue our first baby and more terrified about what size they will be and the pain afterwards. I was in agony couple weeks ago and found bathing in epson salts and tea tree oil every day really helped. It actually made them burst which was very sore but at least eased the swelling. Im just going to see what they are like afterwards and think about getting them banded again if they dont go down.
Thank you so much for the reply and sorry for not replying sooner. It's actually at the front I have the veins not in my back passage! They are just so so yuck and sore, roll on 4 weeks!! Have u had your baby? Hope all is well!!
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
I remember reading that you can get this in pregnancy. It's just caused by all the pressure from baby and should pass after delivery. However if you are very uncomfortable I think your doc should take it more seriously. Did he/she examine you? I'd say there is probably little they will do though. You poor thing. Sounds very uncomfortable.
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
My friend had the same thing on 2 of her pregnancies. She was in so much pain she could barely walk. She used to steam her lady bits every morning with tea tree oil and that seemed to help
Hey, no sleep monster, she just asked was it like a little worm wen I felt it and I say yes and she sai that they were vulval veins! I mean some days I wouldn't know try were there other days I can barely walk....just like your friend gingerwhinger! Thanks for tip with tea tree may have to give that a go!
mlr3 Posts: 84
Hi Lovemyboy, Think I might have this too but it feels more like a bulge than a worm? Saw something about it on Eumom that might be usefull. Someone also mentioned cold gel pads (Feme) that you can get in Mothercare to provide a bit of relief might try those! This is the link (hoepfully!) anyway. http://www.eumom.ie/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=72691
TweetMul Posts: 495
Ouch! Here is an extract from a site link below on advise on dealing with this issue, rest, elevation of your legs when you can and support stockings, baths using epsom salts and if you can or would consider it Acupuncture can also help. 'Varicosities of the vulva may appear toward the last couple of months of your pregnancy. They can be quite uncomfortable and interfere with squatting, bending or rising from a seated position. They are not known to bleed and will resolve once the baby is born. In the meantime, the advice is to rest as much as possible, elevate your legs whenever possible and wear your support stockings.' http://yinovacenter.com/blog/archives/11291/