T M I tampon question...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mad Mod Posts: 1079
After nearly 20 years (OMG! so long) I can't use them anymore as they don't feel comfortable. Anyone else experience this?
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Have you tried different types? I find Tampax Pearl great, sometimes if I can't get them I get regular tampax and find them awful!.
Different types and sizes of the tampax range and nothing feels comfortable anymore. I don't know. I've no issues with sex. It's just odd.
hope2beemum Posts: 124
I've never really used them for that reason, I just don't find them comfortable. It's like I can feel them all the time and they hurt when I'm taking them out :-8 . I prefer sanitary towels, I find them much more comfortable.
geeklover Posts: 831
I've changed to organic cotton ones from the health stores and it has made a HUGE difference. Tampons started to kind of hurt me too and I remembered my SIL going on about the bleach they use in standard ones. She had terrible gyne problems and her doc recommend she change to organic tampons and she has never looked back. At the time I thought she'd lost it but I'm converted too! You should try them. Yes, they're dearer but I don't care for the comfort they bring. Next stop - mooncup!
I'll look into them, thanks. Not ready for the mooncup. I can only use applicator tampons! I have quite heavy periods and am very self conscious wearing pads. The change bothered me, but I got a sudden aversion to a particular brand of washing powder not so long ago, maybe it's the material that's bothering me. Thanks for the replies.
geeklover Posts: 831
I'm not ready for the mooncup really! They do both applicator and non applicator tampons in the health stores, different sizes etc. HTH!
Rogue User Posts: 6101
There are other options - mooncup (love my mooncup) or menstrual sponge?
GJ Posts: 275
Hey Mad Mod I'm the same I hated tampons as they always felt really uncomfortable. I could never get them to feel right, thought it was just me :-8 However recently I used Lil-lets and found them to be very good, much more comfortable. The non-applicators ones are even easy to use, although I prefer applicator ones.
tickingclock Posts: 609
[quote="BrideOfRecession":u44vrew5]There are other options - mooncup (love my mooncup) or menstrual sponge?[/quote:u44vrew5] +1 on the mooncup! Once you get used to it, life at that time of the month is so much easier!!