[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /u0/webroot/virtual/clients/client9/web72/web/lib/classes/supplier.php on line 944: Division by zero
Table decor ideas!Help!
Menu

Table decor ideas!Help!

Go to DIY

Bride2be16
New Wolly

Table decor ideas!Help!

Postby Bride2be16 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:36 am

Hi All,
Just looking for any ideas for decorating tables for reception. We have candelabras on each table with a few flowers but I feel this is very standard would like to achieve a bit more of a wow factor but on a budget if anyone has any ideas! Our colours are navy and gold and we are going with a cameo and damask theme. My sister is making gold and navy table runners and we have gold photo frames for table numbers. Just wondering what we could DIY to finish off the tables, we have roughly €12 left to spend on each table.
Thanks for any ideas, I've just hit a creative wall!!

craftyPB
Woloholic

Re: Table decor ideas!Help!

Postby craftyPB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 am

What will the flowers be in/on?

I always think candles add a lot to a table display - how about little clear glass votives with navy candles in them and gold ribbon around the centre of the votives? You could add a cameo to them too.

LadyLizzie
Wolly Addict

Postby LadyLizzie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:38 am

I have seen fish bowls for centre pieces, half filled with water & floating candles in them, could have them in your wedding colours & with coloured stones at the bottom?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

esla2016
Mini Wolly

Postby esla2016 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 am

I also like the little glass jars or votives with a candle or coloured glass beads, or even mixed sand. If you putting your colours and table decor into pinterest you should get good ideas. IKEA has a great selection of glass objects, tiger often has bits too. I really like the glitter / paint dipped jars with a candle

mrsmcc2502
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsmcc2502 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:11 pm

We were going for navy and gold but now we've switched to plum and gold - but there is some gorgeous inspo on Pinterest! lovely art deco invites, I've since found this beautiful font online so I'm considering doing my own invites with watercolour graphics, but I've already bought my invites on sale so could be silly money.... Anyway, we are spray painting our wine bottles gold and this would work well for your theme too, if you have the money in your budget you could hire gold charger plates and do little navy placenames in card, or hire navy napkins as a nice contrast to the gold. Have seen lovely layered table runners, gold sequins with a thinner navy runner over that?
More budget friendly options I would go for gold spray painted bottles and jars and navy ribbons, and if you can get a nice navy spray, go the opposite way round for a bit of contrast. Some nice artificial cream flowers would be nice, or even spray paint some twigs/branches?

Bride2be16
New Wolly

Postby Bride2be16 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Oh wow, thanks for all the great ideas!! Hotel is taking care of the flowers as part of our package so I presume it will be a bit of ivy around the candelabra with a a few roses or similar here and there. I really love the idea of adding ribbon and cameo to glass holder! I'll look into spraying bottle too! Thanks again!

Service Finder
Summer2016Bride
New Wolly

Postby Summer2016Bride » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:13 pm

If you can wait until after Christmas you may get branches cheap and you could spray paint them to match your theme.

Keep an eye out in Penneys they randomly have nice lanterns for 3/4 euro that you could put a gold candle

Pebblemilis
New Wolly

Postby Pebblemilis » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi, where would you typically pick up branches? Thanks x

Go to DIY