Table plans aghhhh

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tkay Posts: 7
Hi JUST WONDERING IF ITS REALLY NECEASSARY TO HAVE A TABLE PLAN,WE ARE HAVING 200 GUESTS AND HOPING TO KEEP 5 TABLES FOR IMMEDIATE FAMILY,WHAT DO YOU THINK??VERY HARD TO PLEASE EVERYONE AND PUT THEM WITH THOSE THEY WANT TO SIT WITH,,,,
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
I think that was one of the most stressful things about the whole wedding. But yeah, table plans are essential. I've been to weddings without table plans and it's all a bit of a scramble getting your seat. Just don't tell people where they are sitting. Tell them you'll do your best, but they'll probably manage to sit at a table with anybody for 2 hours of their life.
sarahstrikes Posts: 214
My cousin didnt have one at his wedding and I have never seen people move as fast when the dinner bell was rung. It worked out fine I think, well I certainly wasn't put out anyway. Can't speak for everyone at it though. It was the only time I'd seen it done and it didn't really bother me. HTH (by the way I am having a table plan but I think thats more down to me being a control freak) :yelrotflmaosmilie:
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
it's a pain having to do one but I'd be afraid of people being left out alone, if another couple don't know anyone else there and left sitting alone or a table left at the end with only a few people etc. Having no table plan would remind me of being picked for sports teams in school - you don't want to be left till last!
Flapjack Posts: 308
Have to say I think they are essential. It would be like the rush for seats on a Ryanair flight otherwise. What if a couple/family couldn't find seats together, and had to split up? Make a table plan. It's a bit of a pain, and it'll never be perfect, but it's better than the alternative.
CB2012 Posts: 236
+1 to having a table plan I hate the scramble when there isn't one and feeling awkward if your late into the dining room.
bondijunction Posts: 805
I think you need one. I have been at weddings that they have a plan, you are assigned a table but not a specific seat which I think works well. I also have been at a wedding where we were assigned a seat but all couples were split up, we knew no-one at our table and was very awkward. Wouldnt recommend it!
newlywed0912 Posts: 734
this is the one thing im not looking forward to. but i guess you cant please everyone :duh:
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I think you need one. Only people that have seen our table plan is me and OH. We have done our best to sit everyone in their little pockets so no one is sitting with strangers. If anyone asks about it we just say we're working on it. I'll keep avoiding it right up to the day, as others have said it's literally a couple of hours out of their life so they can just deal with it!
Niamh2012 Posts: 312
This is what were trying to arrange at the moment and is driving us crazy we never thought the table plan would be so difficult but i still think its best to have it.