Take one navy dress...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
and add a jacket... but which one would you choose?? I've a christening next weekend, and will be wearing this dress: [attachment=3:1s52dlyq]Dress.jpg[/attachment:1s52dlyq] I'll be wearing a jacket over it for the church, and have these three to choose from. (1) [attachment=2:1s52dlyq]Orange.jpg[/attachment:1s52dlyq] (2) [attachment=1:1s52dlyq]blue.jpg[/attachment:1s52dlyq] (3) [attachment=0:1s52dlyq]green.jpg[/attachment:1s52dlyq] My only concern is that the dress is full at the hip, and as all the jackets come down to that spot, will they make me wider? Would I be better getting a cardi? Over to you...
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
One - by a clear mile. Not sure about the cardigan question as i can't tell how it sits without it being on you in the picture.
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
I like the green one best Rocksie. Will be warmer too.
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Fab dress rocksie. I love all three jackets but I know what you mean about the dress puffing out at the hips in which case I think you might be right about the jackets. Would you get a nice cream cardi and nude accessories? I love navy and cream, it's my fav colour combo and I wear ALOT of it myself. Maybe add a nice red neck scarf for a splash of colour? I saw a nice one in Monsoon last weekend
I was thinking of trying the lot on and getting DH to takes snaps, but I am slobbing in my trackies, and the thought of stripping off before PJ time is not appealing :o0
Tir Chonaill Bride Posts: 283
Is this from miss selfridge? If so :) I have it - i wear black cardigan with it, put a black painted belt and shoes etc the contrast is really nice. If not I would go for number 1
The dress is from Tesco. Picked it up a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was on. I might be able to get a cardi on Friday on the way to the christening . Decisions, decisions...
April13 Posts: 635
i like 3...... :) :) :) :) :)
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I think if its going to make you look wider at the hips if you add a jacket then I would go for a cardigan.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I think the last one is the best, but red is a lovely colour with navy if you have a red jacket/cardi? And some red or nude shoes.