Takes heart 30somethings....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hepburn Posts: 4081
I was just reading back over the "What age is everyone" posts and a lot of the thirty something women seemed a little overwhelmed by the amount of twenty something posts....lots of "I am sooo old" comments. Well I just counted back, and there are more of us than you think. 21 of us in fact...... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll (Our posts are just very spread out) Here's to us.... O-O [/b]
Ducky Posts: 2506
Phew, thank god for that. Still feel ancient tho' Was just emailed a pic of a wedding...the bride was a girl I used to BABYSIT.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
That is a relief!!! I was really surprised when I thought I was in the minority here agewise - I'm the first of my friends to get married (at 30) and only one other friend has had a baby. Almost all my other friends (ages ranging from 28 to 36) are either single or getting married in a year or two! I don't actually know anyone younger than me who is married, so I got a bit of a shock here when I felt like one of the "old" ones!!! And some people 5 or 6 years younger than me seem so much older and wiser than I am! Anyway, I don't think it matters a whole lot what age we are - it's just so nice to have something in common. Am sure my single friends' eyes will glaze over once I go public and start going on about babies all the time!
feelsobad Posts: 693
nantes - thanks for that - I started the thread and was freaked out by the fact that everyone seemed so young! Blackcat - Im the same - Im the first one married and have 2 friends with babies :lol:
You are welcome..... I am slightly different in that nearly all my friends are married, and some of them have been for a good few years, but for reasons varying from career aspirations, to fertility problems, to not feeling broody...we are the only ones with a child. It looks set to stay that way for at least another 2 years. It doesn't bother me at all....but I can't wait till someone else has one too.
Its a Secret Posts: 178
I am 30 and am defo the youngest in my preggy yoga class (all first time mums). Well at least I THINK I am. Is that the the prob... we all think we are younger than we are? I have started a monster with my friends though. Thay are all examining their own sit. as I am the youngest. My bezzy mate was saying she would start TTC at the end of next year , but I was pointing out that it could take a year. Just to think a little. The she was saying "but I don't want to miss electric picnic". I think she thinks she is 23. Not 32! :D
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
Well girlies, I'm 38 and can tell you that I've only come across about three people who I reckon are in their 20's in my trips to the Rotunda. I attend two different clinics there (one private and one public) and to be honest most of the ladies appear to be older than me and some of them I reckon are possibly 42-45. Maybe its the clinics I go to, but whether or not the younger (healthier than me) mums attend different days, there are a hell of a lot of older ones. Because I was afraid when I started going that I'd be the oldest there by about ten years. So no your not old by any means! Just thinking too, out of my DD's (Age 11) friends parents, I'd be younger than them by about 10 years, I had her at 26. And now at 38 I'm expecting my new baby most of my friends in my age group either have new babies or toddlers 2-4.
Yes Sparklymum....I was one of the youngest in my antenatal class when I had my son....I was 29 then.
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Phew, thanks Nantes feeling alot better reading this post as also on the 30plus club!! TTC and know that chances are less likely than when I was 10 years younger.
I see there is a new 30 something on the thread...22 of us now. I really don't mean to divide the group at all...age is but a number!! But I also realise age is a sensitive issue when it comes to pregnancy etc...nice to know there's a troop of us!