Taking Charge Of your Fertility - Amazing Book

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babas Posts: 11
we miscarried last month after an accidental conception. After we got over the surprise/shock I had my heart set on a baby so was very disappointed... Anyway that had lead me to try to understand what is going on with my body/cycles and so on. Well I have made a discovery! It's a fantastic book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I got it on Amazon. Written by a woman Toni Weschler, she tells it all like it is simply and what a revelation it was. By monitoring your cervical fluid/temps/and other stuff it can help you figure out what’s going on even during long cycles. It seems that your lutel phase - just after ovulation (I think that's how you spell it..) is generally about 12-14 days [u:y3q776ek]before [/u:y3q776ek]your period and of course you ovulate just before it. She had advice (drug free) for couples that are having any variety of issues cycle related. I think it's a must for any women and would highly recommend it. I was so engrossed I read it in two days and it's massive! Another purchase I made in my local heath food shop was a book called Optimum Nutrition Before During and After Pregnancy by Patrick Halford. Gives fantastic advice on food for mum 2 b and also the dad's 2 b. It takes them 4 months to get a batch ready and only one month for us ladies! Worth a look, Babas
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi Babas, Its a great book! Every woman should read it (TTC-ing or not), you sometimes see it refered to in the forums as "tcoyf". Sorry about you mc, I hope you get your BFP soon. x sg
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Great book Didn't have a clue until I read it. Would highly recommend it. Am sorry to hear of your M/C though
lou gav Posts: 508
It is an excellent book, I have told all my friends about it. Good luck with the TTCing :babydust:
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
that book taught me more about my own body than I ever thought possible!! i'm not charting now or anything but just the knowledge that cycles vary but ovulation is always apprx 12-14 days before af, I always assumed it was on day 14 of cycle no matter what. sorry to hear of your mc babas I hope your doing ok.