Tall people maternity trousers??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brideeee Posts: 1490
Hi ladies, Just wondering if any of you tall ladies have managed to find a place that sells maternity trousers with longer legs?? I'm 5 ft 8 and have bought 3 pairs (2 which supposedly had longer leg from the internet) and they are all fine with flat shoes but I look like a fool if I wear any high shoes... Agghhhh Any help would be greatly appreciated, xx b
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I am the same height and I have brought jeans in Dorothy Perkins that are 34" but mostly I find that I have to go to boutiques - got longer leg ones in Great Expectations over weekend but that is in Ballincollig Cork and don't know where you are. JoJoMaman are meant to be good for taller women as well
agie Posts: 1107
Hiya Im 5ft 9 and i had the same problem. DP and Next do long leg maternity trousers 33 inch long. I found it impossible to find a long leg track suit but finally I found littlewoods tracksuit (2 pack for 29 euro) are a fab lenght.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm also 5 ft 8 and found Dorothy Perkins jeans the perfect length. Surprisingly I also found Dunnes Stores trousers long enough - could be slightly longer but look fine. The Dorothy Perkins trousers just didn't suit me at all.
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi Brideee I've found it very hard to find any nice works trousers at all so I'm still squeezing into my normal one's at the moment! But I did get a plain black pair in next and they do long leg in it (not sure how long though) so they might be worth trying, if not can you let down any of the trousers you got as I know I did this before when things were too short
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Bridee - Im just 6ft tall and I got my black maternity trousers in NEXT and they were brilliant, none of the boutiques I tried had long length and rarely went above a size 14 either. Dunnes trousers were like pedal pushers on me and dorethy perkins did have long length but not in all branches. Good Luck to you, it was the bane of my life when I was pregnant and also finding tops that covered my bump and not just skimmed my (rather unsightly) belly button! MrsNoc
breeze Posts: 1175
New Look also do clothes for tall people, some of the clothes are lovely. I have gotten a pair of mat trousers for work and they are lovely, they have a ggod range HTH
brideeee Posts: 1490
Thanks for all of your uhelp ladies, Unfortunately I live in Galway where apparently women don't get pregnant- so Next and topshop don't do maternity! >:o( And Debenhams seem to be phasing out their maternity section (reduced to one rack!) I'll try to get out to dorothy perkins during the week - DP in town have stopped stocking maternity altogether. Sorry for the rant- but really!! I went in to one specifically God poor you MrsNoc I'm a midget beside you so I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass it must have been for you! thanks again....the search continues... xx b
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I am a 34" leg and buy the long leg in Next. Have two pairs of maternity jeans and the leg length is perfect. I ordered them from the catalogue