Tan and nails

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

clarenenes Posts: 118
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering about false tan and nails before the big day. When should they be done. If its a sat wedding should the first coat of tan be done thurs. Haven't had a trial yet and it's years since I had a spray tan so just wondering what's the general rule of thumb. Also a bit worried which tan to have done. I usually do my own and use academie but there's only one placebo know of that does it in a spray tan and its a bit out of the way. Would love ye're advise
lorraine78 Posts: 988
I got married on a Thursday.Got my nails done monday and the tan done tuesday evening.
AquariusGal Posts: 512
I got married on Saturday and got my spray tan done on Thursday. Think they recommend getting it done 2 days before usually! Mine was Vita Liberata, and it was fab, really natural looking. I had a bad experience with Rockstar tan a few months before (patchy) but my BM got that done and it looked fine so prob was the person that did it! I got the nails done on Friday - longer you leave them getting done, the more perfect they'll be :) HTH :wv
coleary2 Posts: 57
Im getting married this sat :eek getting nails done thurs morn and tan thurs evening. I would defo get trials im fairly pale and had a few umpa lumpa tans done Diaster!!! let them know its a trial for ur wedding. best of luck
paperclips Posts: 3146
If your having a spray tan done which includes a top up, then I would get first tan done on Tuesday and the top up on Thursday. Regarding nails, maybe Thursday after your top up?? I would recommend shellac nails. You will get at least 10 days out of them and you don't have to worry about smudging or chipping them if your busy running around on Friday. A good nail technician will also remove any tan marks that sits on skin round nails if that makes sense. Around the sides of my nails my skin is slightly drier and fake tan can sometimes look very obvious.
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
I got married on a saturday. We got the tans done on Thursday evening and the nails done on the friday
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
I didn't get tan done for my wedding, but if I was getting it done I would of got it done on Thursday Evening and the nails done on Friday for a Saturday wedding.