Tattoos

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

RinkyDinkSlink Posts: 730
So girls, do ya's have one? More than one? Planning on getting one? Having them on show on the day? I have 4 so far, top of neck to between shoulders, lower right of back, top of left arm and (half-finished) one from left hip to underside of left boobie :-8 Will have whatever ones are visable on the day on show (obviously not showing one from hip to boobie though :o0 ). Am hoping that the small tattoo on my top left arm will be different by the time the wedding comes around, planning on turning it into a half sleeve by then. My OH has one on his chest, one leg is tattooed and a quarter sleeve (though finishing touches need to be done on that one). So come on, show/tell us about yours :o)ll
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
I have a small one at the bottom of m back. TBH forget i have it a lot of the time as I can't see it and its not on show. Every so often think of getting another one on top of it. My one is Chinese symbol meaning 'happiness' and if I got another one I'd get 'love' symbol with it. My husband doesn't have any
RinkyDinkSlink Posts: 730
[quote="SorrentoWife":3gl1fz1h]TBH forget i have it a lot of the time [/quote:3gl1fz1h] Ha I do this all the time too, even with the ones that would be more on show. I can't tell you how many times I have leapt out of a chair in fright thinking I had a spider on my arm only to realise it's my tattoo :-8 :o0 :o0 Just realised I forgot to say what I had (Duh!). Neck/shoulder tat is a tribal design with a moon in the centre (moon phase when I was born), lower right of back is 7 butterflies in a spiral (my 1st tattoo), top of arm is a gremlins face (drunken 21st decision - not loving it) and torso tat is a phoenix (or will be when it's finished). Not sure what to do for the half sleeve over the gremlin, either a old-fashioned pirates treasure map or some crazy patterns with flowers. Have another design I'd love but it wouldn't cover the gremlin (Oh well, just have to get it elsewhere ;o) )
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Do you watch Miami Ink? If I'm flicking through channels and its on will watch it. Some of the tattoos they do are amazing. Others are kinda odd. Last week was watching it and a guy came in looking for a memorial tattoo to cheese! He was told by doctors he was intolerant to it and not to eat it so got a big tattoo done on bicep basically saying rip cheese! He had a taco on his leg and a hot dog on his forearm as well!!
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
I've often considered getting a tatoo over the years, but I could never come up with a tatoo. I mean I suppose it should have some significance - I just couldn't come up with anything significant enough! I suppose I could have something relating to OH, but he would think I've lost it. I know the Chinese symbols are popular - but I never got it really. Why in Chinese? A girl in school had a 'Brave' Chinese symbol - I mean why like?
Synergy Posts: 2768
I got a playboy bunny on my a$$ when I was drunk :hic I love it!
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
[quote="Synergy":24ers3oc]I got a playboy bunny on my a$$ when I was drunk :hic I love it![/quote:24ers3oc] That made me laugh :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Myself and H2B have been considering getting one each on the return journey from honeymoon, it's an ongoing conversation
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
Don't have any but I have considered it and if I went ahead it wouldn't be visible to anyone. Think the sleeve ones are disgusting but that's just me.
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
I have three shooting stars on my ankle and love them :lvs has a special meaning to me and like the rest of ye completely forget its there at times. I like that I can show it off when I want but cover it up also when I want. Am always thinking of getting another aswell !!
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
Do they hurt? I'd only be getting a small one, also on a not visible spot but it takes ages trying to decide.