Tattoos

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sunbeam Posts: 2721
Just having a discussion about tattoos. Who has any? I have none (at the moment!!)
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I have a little one on my left top of arm (just a one inch celtic symbol). I had it done when I was 18, and got my nose pierced around the same time. Still have both, and no I'm not a punker gal ;) H2B has actually started to consider getting one (small one), and at his stage in life! To me that's akin to starting smoking in college :lol:
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Oh God, he actually thinks he's going to get Yoda on his back, a la luke skywalker. Oh dear.
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
have one sunbeam its of a black panther and i wish i never got it i really regret it i got it when i was 16 and rebelous ....i would say if you getting it get one in a place where u can cover easily like top of hip bone. friend of mine got a lovely heart with some ivy there at time boy was i kicking myself that i didnt get one there. that said i did get it on the top of my back side so i could hide it from my parents i just wish i had got something else if you go for it pick something timeless like a heart or star.....
Little Kitty Posts: 914
I would love to get a tattoo just a small one on my hip bone like what december bride suggested. I still haven't decided what I want to get one of yet - I want to get something unusual not the usual heart, star etc. Does anybody know of a place in Dublin? I'm extremely paranoid about the hygiene with all the diseases going around, it there anything I should look out for when I go into a tattoo parlour?
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i have none but h2b has my name in a scroll on his back shoulder and my name in chinese again on other shoulder
think there is a tatoo parlor on the very top floor of stephens green on the right as u come up main back escalators.... maybe not a star etc but do go for something that wont date and u wont hate in 5 yrs time if u are having kids etc
Princess consuela Posts: 1480
I have two - i got my first one when i was 16 (In the Mint just off Henry Street), its a kind of cartoon character puppy dog on my hip bone, and then i got one on the base of my back of a chinese symbol which means Courage or bravery (i got my friend from Hong Kong to check that it didn't mean Fried Rice or something !!), i got that one done in the Dragon just off Parnell Street.
mad woman Posts: 22106
i've none, wouldnt be brave enough but the MIL has one of a little ladybird on her arm..
[quote:3iei4y8r]I have two - i got my first one when i was 16 (In the Mint just off Henry Street), .[/quote:3iei4y8r] thats where i got mine... what a dive it was then! laser costs to much i like the chinese idea but i dont see a black panther being able to be changed into anything else other than a black blob.