taxing new car? sorted tks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snuggler Posts: 1296
Hi, just wondered if anyone could advise me... I collecting new car on Sun, 05, not brand new ..the garage will give me cover letter for tax but I want to get taxd as soon as I can.. Do I need change of ownership form or how do I go about taxing car,tks
wollywoo Posts: 330
Hi Snuggler...I wouldn't be too sure but if it's a new car I don't think you'd need to change the ownership? I'm not sure to be honest, not much help! Sorry!!! :wv
ceewa Posts: 478
The garage should do the transfer of ownership for you, you can't tax your car until this has been done. When you receive your new registration details you can tax the car either online or in the tax office. If you're doing it online I think the pin is the last digits of the chassis number which will be on the registration form, I know its on the website anyway cos I had to do that last year.
snuggler Posts: 1296
tks mill guys, garage just got back to me, they send off change of ownership and give me letter to cover me in meantime until I get log bk in my name through post ..then I can tax! Tks again