Menu

Teddy names please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chicam Posts: 1169
Just wondering what your LO/you have called the teddies... I love naming DS teddies (please don't laugh!) but have now run out of ideas. So far he's got Ted (I know, how interesting!), Franklin the frog, Toby the tiger and Ruben. Any ideas?
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
What a cute thread *) So far we have Fred the Lion, Mr Blue bear (he's blue obviously); Spike (Mr. Blue Bears daddy, blue also he has spiky hair!); Bunny; and Ruff (the dog) *)
delgirl Posts: 1706
ditto on loving the thread we have maurice the frog, duncan the monkey, tux the penguin and pug the donkey. I have just realised that all his teddies are male - must by a female to whip them all into shape.
alton Posts: 3077
I must be missing a gene or something. I can never think of suitable teddy names, and I can't bear to have one in my bedroom at night......watching me........with those eyes ....... :eek :o0 DH used to buy me cute toys from time to time and I never had the heart to tell him that I didn't like them. The best part of decorating the nursery was moving all the toys in there. But now I'm starting to think about all those eyes staring down at DS :eek I know! I need therapy :o0 I did have a teddy for a while when I was little, but only because I was copying my sister, and I called him..............wait for it...........teddy bear.
justwaitin Posts: 2462
ds has a few teddies but only one has a name and thats zeddy the zebra, his tail is chewed sucked to bits , but i think its super cute to watch ds drag him around the house we never leave the house with him withe fear wed lose him. i still have my baby teddy his name is comfy and he suits on ds chest of drawers.
Happy Mammie Posts: 1507
We have Puppy (as he is a dog) and fuzzy bear. My eldest Ds has a puppy aswell. and the baby liked it so much we bought him his own puppy on holidays. :o0
John Walsh Guitar
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Aw cute thread *) DS has shelves of teddies and soft toys and we started off giving them all names with appropriate letters of the alphabet like Henrietta the Hedgehog, Jerome the Giraffe, Charlie Crab etc but then started to run out and he has lots of bears that are called silly things like "big bear", "little bear", "Pierre bear" (came from France), "Yankee bear" (came from the US), "Fuzzy bear" etc! He has two lovely old-fashioned ones called George and Edward who are very dignified looking :o0 He has a lovely brown one called "Chocolate", wich he named himself! We really ran out of ideas when it came to Foxy the Fox and Owlie the owl :o0 I won't tell you the name of his special comfort toy as it sounds like it could be a bit racist but it was never meant to be - it was a silly name daddy came up with and it stuck big time with DS and now I'm so embarrassed whenever I have to tell people what it's called :-8 So be careful when naming teddies! :ooh
short n sweet Posts: 1802
DD has Pinky, George the Girraffe & Buzzy Bee - very imaginative :o0 But my favourite one is a little girrafffe we bought for her before she was born - I said to DH (not telling hin I was naming the teddy) "think of a tall person" - since it was a giraffe - you see my thinking!! Well I thought he'd say Michael Jordon or Peter Crouch or something - but he says Eamonn DeValera!!!!!!!! So DDs favourite teddy is called Dev!!
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
Gr8 thread !! So far we have buzz ( a bee like rattle),. freddie, the bed teddy, benny (his first bear) , barney (obviously we didnt name him!!) and a few others He loves his teddys!!!
Perci Posts: 3847
DS's comfort teddy is Bruno named after his daddy's favourite teddy as a boy. All his others are the character names like Nemo & Simba etc.