Teeth

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bluefish Posts: 66
:thnk
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
Most dentists have emergency appointments available - try rinign a few more in your area. You poor, poor thing. :xxx
sun flowers Posts: 3421
sounds like an abcess if its swollen... is there a manky taste or smell off your breath... contact your GP you will need antibiotics firstly and than cry down the phone its the only way you will get an appointment.... or go to the dental hospital... just turn up
pattie Posts: 2379
Definitely sounds like an abscess and quite a severe one. Your dentist will see you as an emergency for sure as this is something that requires urgent treatment. The infection will only get worse if it's not treated asap, it can even cause your throat to swell up if the infection heads in that direction, so there is no way the dentist would leave you waiting. As soon as you get it drained the pain should subside and you will need probably need antibiotics too. Hope you get it sorted soon.
for everybody's attention....... its a two week wait for an emergency appointment with most dentist's in dublin............ been there done that.....
scotswedding Posts: 2829
[quote="Sun Flowers ":11wibjpu]for everybody's attention....... its a two week wait for an emergency appointment with most dentist's in dublin............ been there done that.....[/quote:11wibjpu] Even with your own dentist??? You're joking???
[quote="scotswedding":1qr3q241][quote="Sun Flowers ":1qr3q241]for everybody's attention....... its a two week wait for an emergency appointment with most dentist's in dublin............ been there done that.....[/quote:1qr3q241] Even with your own dentist??? You're joking???[/quote:1qr3q241] well thats my experience in anyways.... I was in absolute agony... and I was told two weeks by own and by a number of others.... I eventually camped in their waiting room until the dentist came out and said he would see me....
rash2405 Posts: 292
My dentist had an emergency hour every day between 9 - 10. You don't need an appointment
[quote="rash2405":h7dke8qx]My dentist had an emergency hour every day between 9 - 10. You don't need an appointment[/quote:h7dke8qx] sounds good is he dublin based.....
pattie Posts: 2379
That's terrible Sunflowers, have always managed to get emergency appts in Sligo, Limerick & Madrid (too many abscesses over the years!), my dentist even came in to see me on a Saturday evening once. What's up with the Dublin ones?