Teeth whitening

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Got moulds taken last week and getting my teeth whitening 'equipment' week after next :) Just wondering has anyone done the 'at home' treatment and how it worked...how long you did it for...what food you avoided...etc Amn't telling anyone to see if anyone notices the difference :eek Got a really good price €175, been meaning to get it done for ages so decided to treat myself :)
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
would love to get it done, and laser hair removal, need to put some money aside for them both let me know how you get on
nelswife Posts: 3869
i got my teeth whitened last year and was told to avoid tea, coffee & Red wine I dont smoke but if you smoke you should try cut down on the amount because the nicotine will also stain your teeth
LadyV Posts: 263
Hey Ladies Well I got laser teeth whitening done at my own dentist about 4 weeks before our wedding, and she also took the imprints of my teeth for at home whitening guard. I noticed a great difference after the laser, no discomfort, maybe a tiny few tinges for about a week after but nothing more. I didnt really get on that well with the at home trays. Found myself gagging with them in for some reason, so make sure when you get yours, maybe have her cut a bit off the back of them, cause lets be honest no one will see the teeth at the back anyhow, and make it more comfortable for yourself. I would highly recommend the laser anyhow. What I would say is I used the sensodyne toothpaste for about 3 weeks every day beforehand, and had no problems, but my sister also got it done, didnt do this and was in agony during and after it. But I suppose everyones different! I will definately be going back for a top up when it starts fading. Also make sure maybe a week or so before, get a good clean and polish in the dentist to help it along. Best of Luck with your gleamers!!!
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
I don't smoke thankfully and would only have one cup of coffee a day but gonna be a killer avoiding that! Would be a white wine/vodka drinker ( not together unfortunately :o0 ) so thankfully it won't affect that... Oh thanks LadyV for those tips, especially the Sensodyne.Amn't gonna start it for 3 wks anyway cos will be away in meantime. When she was taking the moulds I did feel like I was gonna gag and got a bit paniced cos couldn't breathe so will defo say bout cutting bit off the back. Got a scale and polish done last week :)
LadyV Posts: 263
you will be gleaming.....yea, i had no problem when she was taking the moulds, just after, so deffo mention it. Best of Luck!
mrsking Posts: 207
For anybody who hasn't the money to get their teeth professionally whitened can I suggest crest whitening strips...you can't buy them here but I've bought them on ebay for approx €30 and the result was fab. You use them for a week and your all gleaming. Mind you my cousin who does laser whitening of teeth as part of her job says that when whhitening your teeth they'll only go a few shades whiter so if you have yellowish teeth they won't turn out snow white. Hope that helps.
GAA Fan Posts: 629
I got mine done at dentist and then got mould to bring home and got the stuff. My teeth can be quite sensitive, so I use it on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday night (one syringe does 3 nights) and inbetween use sensitive toothpast and for the following week. Do this about every three months. Only after doing this cause Im heading away on holidays and my teeth do come up lovely.
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
Can anyone recommend a dentist who does this in Dublin?
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="MrsKing":gx5sni9j]For anybody who hasn't the money to get their teeth professionally whitened can I suggest crest whitening strips...you can't buy them here but I've bought them on ebay for approx €30 and the result was fab. You use them for a week and your all gleaming[/quote:gx5sni9j] +1 I used these for our wedding 3 years ago and the results were amazing. I used them for about 4-6 weeks I think. Really brilliant results for not too much money. They are a bit fiddly but well worth the extra effort *)