Teeth whitening

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

katief Posts: 1900
Has anyone any experience with this? I'm saving up to get it done and I'm looking for a reputable cosmetic dentist in Dublin. I have to get a front tooth crown replaced as I'd like something thinner and more natural looking so all in all I'd expect to pay around €1500. Thankfully, I have nice enough teeth, it's just that I'd like to get them a few shades whiter. I don't want that 'american' look where you can't tell where one tooth ends and the other begins. I'm just hoping to restore my teeth back to a nice white, and I heard the Zoom laser is good?
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
I got mine done in Seapoint Clinic in Blackrock, a few weeks ago now. I'm very happy with how they turned out. I got the home trays too, which I used for first week, and will start using again next week to top up for the wedding.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Katief I've a crown that I could do with replacing too - like you mine is quite big and it's pushing back the tooth on my bottom teeth that it hits off when my mouth is closed iykwim. I also was thinking of getting whitening done while I get the crown replaced. I originally got the crown done in Newry - price savings etc. Have you already looked around at costs of the crown alone down here? Interested to see replies to this.
katief Posts: 1900
Thanks for that....that Seapoint place seems good, I had a look on their website. I'm going to book a consultation with them I think Yeah SunnyK, I'm pretty much the same. The 'bite' wasn't adjusted properly when I got it done. I'm not mad on it. Don't get me wrong, nobody else notices it, but I do. Have you had a look at the website above? It's quite impressive.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Yep had a look and I think it's the Da Vinci crown that I'd need - my last dentist visit she said that the full porcelain ones were much better - sort of more delicate iykwim. I find my crown so bloody big and bulky and thick. It's totally pushed back the tooth on the lower set of teeth so I need to get it sorted before I need braces or something to push that back out! So it looks like 1k plus tooth whitening costs - Craaaaaaaapppp!!!! :o(