Tens Machine - Honest Feedback sought !!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Xmasbride Posts: 55
Hi Ladies, I'm due Nov 4th...so considering hiring the Tens Machine from Medicare. I need to collect it Saturday if I'm going to use it. Just wondering does anyone out there have feedback on their experience with it - was it useful, difficult to use, worth repeating etc. ???? I saw it demo-ed during our antenatal classes but still looks a bit complicated. Thanks a mil !
justwaitin Posts: 2462
i found it great help, i put it on when i got my firts niggle pains, i got to about 8cms with it, then had a little shot of pethadine which did nothing for me, i practised using it at home and found it fine to use during early labour.
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Good question xmasbride as I'm wondering about this too. I'm due the 6th so we're nearly twins!! I'm going to try the gas and air, I wonder would you use both?? Better get my ass in gear if I'm going to get one. My sister rented one and found it annoying cos she was sweaty from being in pain and the pads wouldn't stick to her skin as a result, I'm sure though the would of been a way around that though!!
speedy55 Posts: 512
i had great intentions of using the tens machine. i had a long back labour and it just did nothing for me. actually it irritated me so much i threw it at my husband :o0 as you do! BUT my friend used it and thought it was brilliant. so everyone has different experiences of it. worth having it anyway.
Italy07 Posts: 5409
I found it easy to use, it was great for the earlier stages and the middle of labour but at the very end it wasn't much use. Good luck.
fire fly Posts: 1241
I was the same as italy07, but I don't think anything really works at the end bit :o0 I used gas as well.
Mrs J Posts: 387
It worked as a distraction in the early stages but that was it. But as was already said, everyone's labour is different - my friend used and found it brill.
Ducky Posts: 2506
Found it very good for start of labour (was in slow labour for two days before being induced) and used it with gas and air for 20 hours until I got epi. Gives you somethign to focus on besides pain but irritated me once it got hard going
Xmasbride Posts: 55
Hi Ladies, Thanks for the replies - sounds like it's worth trying anyway... better to have than not...
tfarmur Posts: 243
I used it from about 3 cm until about 6cm and found it quite good, it takes the edge of the pain but the pain is still there.. I was in slow labour so I would advise to use it if that's the case. As things got rougher I didn't really find it any good but would definiyly use it again for beginning of labour! [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:11ror8v4]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080620/dt/5/k/9fc8/preg.png[/img:11ror8v4] [/url]