TENS machine question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
I was chuffed with myself because my cousin gave me a TENS machine for use during labour - she got it online for less than 100 euros - it's the Neurotec Labour TENS http://www.veritymedical.co.uk/English/ ... r_TENS.htm. It's CE and ISO certified. Cousin never used it as she had to get a C-section. SIL then told me I'd be better off renting one from a chemist because a midwife told her at antenatal class that cheap TENS machines (i.e. ones that cost less than 500 :eek ) don't work! :o( Can anyone tell me if they've used the Neurotrac or what kind of TENS you can rent? Would I be daft to go renting one when I aleady have one for free or will I be kicking myself if it doesn't work?
jen2 Posts: 3106
I have this tens machine, and I was using it to give me pain relief on my kidney, but it is the anti- natal one, and it was recommended to my my Mount Carmel hosptial. Its the same one they use there. It costs 99 euro to buy, or 65 to rent ( for a month ). It has different programmes on it, and it has the programme for labour, with a booster button for really stron contractions. they are in galway i think, and they delivered it to me within 2 working days. Jen2
Thanks Jen - is it the same one I have? Good to know that a "relatively" cheap one is so good in anycase. How are you doing anyway?
jen2 Posts: 3106
Im doing alright. Still the same. Have a bad kidney infection at the moment to add to all the crap thats going on with me. Just cant wait for it to be all over now. I have a max of 4 weeks left, as i will be 32 weeks tomorrow. I have the same on as you. Its called the Neurotech Meditens XP. that is there latest version. Jen2
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Sphynx gonna give this a try too. Will let ya know how I get on in 5 weeks time!!
Best of luck to both of you Jen and Tedsters - can't wait to read both the birth stories before too long! Sorry to hear you're in pain Jen - you really have been through the mill this time. Take it easy until D-Day. :xxx
chilledout Posts: 834
I rented one from Medicare after being told the same as you about the cheap ones being rubbish. I found it really good for the first half of the labour. I got to 6cm with no pain relief apart from the TENS. After that the pain became unbearable and the epidural did its work! So I'm no help to you really except to say that the expensive one worked for me!
mrs sarah c Posts: 522
If I am ever induced again I will rent one.I was in bits and wasn't "in labour" I think the Tens could help in that situation