Tens machine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissSindyhead Posts: 560
Hi all, I've decided I'm going to buy one of these. Can someone recommend one? Thanks, J
pag Posts: 633
I used MamaTens that I bought on Amazon. It is obstetric tens with a boost button and was about 45e. My friend used the one from Mothercare for her two babies - Obitens I think is name of it. You can rent them from Medicare and Boots shops too. As long as it is an obstetric tens and has boost button i think they more or less all do the same thing.
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
The one I used was meditens. Got it on inhealth.ie.
MissSindyhead Posts: 560
Thanks for the replies. I'll take a look at those.
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
The Elle Tens and the Obi Tens seem to be very highly recommended from the research I did. The elle tens is the one you rent from boots but they're worth buying if you are planning on having another baby....keep an eye out for 2nd hand ones too. I managed to pick up an unused 2nd hand Elle Tens this week from a girl who had a cesarean so didn't use it- for 40euro!
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i bought the obi tens one in mothercare for 50 euro. best thing ever! also lent to a friend fo ours and im using it again this time. wouldnt be without it. i got through the first 12 hours of labour with it alone.