Tens Machine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Twirl Posts: 5598
Hi girls, I see Lidl have one of these this week for €24.99, just wondering if anyone knows is it suitable for labour?
BusyMom Posts: 717
I saw these advertised, it doesn't mention a boost function which (if I remember correctly!) is essential in making it "suitable for labour" Basically you'll have it on the standby mode (just a gentle pulse) until you have a contraction at which stage you'll boost it, and the pulse will get way stronger! If you go into the store and have a look, it may have a boost function after all but I just couldn't see it at first glance! :)
katiecaboom Posts: 831
In our a/n class they were telling us about tens machine, now we have 2 here (dh is a very accident-prone footballer) and I asked could I use one of them. Midwife said not really pads in a tens machine for labour are bigger than normal pads, and labour tens machine have a 'boost' button that normal machine don't have apparently. Hope that helps :wv
Twirl Posts: 5598
Thanks ladies, i thought it could be too good to be true but thought i might chance it anyway and see what people thought.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I'm going to get my Tens on Amazon next month - cheaper than anything I've seen in store here!!