terrible fright today

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

frangipani Posts: 1543
one of my sisters was in a bad car crash this morning. the road conditions were awful as the weather was bad, she's not exactly sure what happened, her car car slipped a little, she turned the wheel, front tyres locked and the car flipped over, forward onto the roof, then back again upright. she put on her hazards and another car then ploughed into the back of her. the front and back of her car are non-existent, one side is wrecked - she was lucky enough not to be physically harmed. the guards could not believe she got out of it alive. Either can her doctor. She went through with her what very possibly could have happened. what is more, she bought her year and half year old car only a couple of months ago. Neither of the airbags worked, despite two heavy impact collisions. Someone upstairs is definitely looking after her!!
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
omg you're right she definitely has someone looking after her. Thank god she's ok!! She's incredibly lucky!
WinterGal Posts: 835
Oh that's awful. Thank god she is ok. What a fright she/ you must have got.
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
What a horrible fright to get for you all- I'm so happy to hear that she's fine. She must be terribly shocked, poor thing. Hope you're over the shock too pet. You just never know what's going to happen, do you :o(
emma1980 Posts: 2219
OMG, that must have been a terrible frite for everyone. thank God she is ok :wv
Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
Oh my God, that sounds like a bad accident alright. It is so true, it can happen so easily. Thank goodness she's ok. Pretty scary about the air bags too :eek :eek
graceface Posts: 3632
Thank God she's alright!! Obviously it must have been a terrible shock for all of you, I'm sure the poor woman must be traumatised, but think how much worse things would have been if she [i:1x3ijuaa]had[/i:1x3ijuaa] been hurt...and plenty of people haven't been so fortunate. You're right, someone upstairs is definitely looking after her, by the sounds of it!! Thank God she's ok, and I hope she feels better soon :thnk
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
It definitely sounds like your sister was very lucky and had someone watching over her this morning. It's great thst she's ok. :lvs
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
OMG its mad how it happens, I was in a very bad crash a couple of years ago and walked out of it (car destroyed but I was fine) and a friend of h2b was in crash last year not half as bad and died. I really think that sometimes there are people up there looking out for us. So Glad to hear that your sister is alright. :lvs :lvs
graceface Posts: 3632
[quote="lucky bride":39jkkjlh]OMG its mad how it happens, I was in a very bad crash a couple of years ago and walked out of it (car destroyed but I was fine) and a friend of h2b was in crash last year not half as bad and died. I really think that sometimes there are people up there looking out for us. So Glad to hear that your sister is alright. :lvs :lvs[/quote:39jkkjlh] yup same here except I was hit by a car on my way to school, it knocked me over and my leg went under the wheel. I didn't even break a bone - a few months later the daughter of my dad's friend was hit by a car in similar circumstances, and died of a brain aneurysm. It really can go either way with accidents. It was awful, but it just goes to show how close we can come. I was so fortunate tho, she wasn't :o( OP's sister was like me, I suppose - she was really, really fortunate. Again, I really hope she is fully recovered soon.