Menu

Terrified, some advice please P&B ladies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

UpsetWife Posts: 3
I am a regular poster, but for a number of reasons want to be anonymous for this one. I hope this doesnt seem insensitive, given the amount of you dying to get your BFP, but i am terrified i might be pregnant. The wedding is 8 months away and i am very scared. as you can imagine, the timing is very bad, and we are both very young and just starting out in our careers. with that in mind, i was wondering if i could pick your brains? I was wondering what symptoms you had around the time that AF was due if any? I am 4 days late and do have some irregularity anyway. did you still get AF pains like normal? did you still get PMS? how soon can i test and expect an accurate result?
mummy bear Posts: 3824
sore boobs, metallic taste in mouth, crampy, do a test... good luck with whatever happens
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Hi, You can test straight away, i hope everything works out for you, try to stay calm for now. Everybodys symptoms are different. You're best option is to test and put your mind at rest. :wv
bibikay Posts: 644
Some of the tests can give accurate results at 4 days before AF, and all of them give pretty accurate results on the day AF due, so if you are 4 days late you really should test. You'll drive yourself bananas with all the "what if's" and "maybe's" - test and then at least you'll know one way or the other.
[quote="Doubletrouble":236grdm2]sore boobs, metallic taste in mouth, crampy, do a test... good luck with whatever happens[/quote:236grdm2] my boobs are always sore around AF anyway. :o( There are no pharmacies open in our town tonight, i am worrying myself into a stupor
mammybean Posts: 10364
is there a tescoor supervau near you? they stock them
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
Hi scared - I too found out I was pregnant 8 months before our wedding day. Needless to say I nearly died when I tested. I was bawling my eyes out. When H2B came home from work and i told him he was delighted. Anyway, as you can see from my ticker we got our wedding moved forward to May - 3 weeks time! I managed to get 90% of things changed within three days. Everyone was so accomodating to us. One thing was we did have to tell family about the unexpected arrival much earlier than normal but they were all fantastic and such a help. I was a wreck for about three days but once I got over the shock I cried with happiness. I now absolutely love being pregnant and thankfully have been lucky with no sickness and very little tiredness. I am a great believer in things happening for a reason and hopefully you too might be able to come to terms with this IF its a BFP. Just on another note...both my H2B and I started a new business 15 months ago which is still in the climbing mountains stage. It is possible to reshuffle your life when you are forced by nature. Good luck and try not to worry too much. :thnk :thnk
Idina Posts: 1289
Did you test this morning?
jen2 Posts: 3106
Any news this morning pet? Jen2
thanks girls. tested yesterday and it was negative, then AF arrived last night, more painful than ever! thanks for your kind posts and PMs, i really appreciate it.