Tesco maternity supplies - would you recommend??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

capricorn04 Posts: 527
Hey all, So i was in tesco yesterday sussing out what they did.... So of their own brand you have maternity pads breast pads breast milk bags Anyone use these & can recommend?? Also the lansinoh is 13.99 cheaper than boots and thats with the 1/3 off offer they have at the moment!!
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
I used all 3 after my having my last baby. The maternity pads are fine. I thought the thin ones were the best but everyone is probably different. Their breast pads are ok. I found them a bit thick that you could see them through your bra. I found the tommee tippee ones the best! There breast milk bags again are very good. I had a medela pump and found the tesco bags could hold a couple of ounces more than the medela ones. That's good value on the lansinoh. It canbe quite expensive. I also found the multi-malm very good, not as greasy as the lansinoh and not as dear
missussunshine Posts: 513
Used both sets of pads and found the maternity pads (again the thin ones) great, not at the beginning though iykwim! The breast pads I'd recommend are the boots own brand ones in the box, 3.99 I think for about 40 but they're a good size compared to other smaller ones. Hth
Twirler Posts: 1644
Found the breast pads useless, had to change them really frequently and still leaked occasionally. I found the Lansinoh breast pads best followed by Johnsons. Breastmilk bags were fine. Didn't use the Tesco maternity pads but of the ones I did I found the Mothercare ones with wings best.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
I found the maternity pads perfect & quite cheap compared to other brands. Thought the boots breast pads were better than the tesco. Didnt use the milk bags so cant comment. :wv
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I used the maternity pads, I found them as good as any of the other brands(except for the big green ones which essential for first feww days). I found the thin ones great. I used the pads......well I bought them and only used a few of them as they weren't very absorbent. I found the Tommee Tippee best and the Avent ones a close second.
missc Posts: 875
I used boots own brand breast pads and maternity pads and both were grand. Would say johnsons breast pads were the best tho.