+ TEST IS NOW -

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mateus Posts: 33
Hi Girls, Has anyone had this happen to them. This is my second pregnancy (hopefully) and i tested last friday and got a + result, I started brown light spotting today so i tested and got a - result. My doctor has said that i would not have got a + result if i wasn't pregnant but i'm getting a bit worried now. I am on CD 35 and since i had my son 10 months ago they have been between 28 to 32 days.
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Noticed that no one had responded, so though I don't really know what to say, I'll give you my thoughts.. did you use a different pg test? Maybe it wasn't as sensitive? The other possibility might be that you had a :o( chemical pregnancy :o( - you had a positive but sadly it didn't develop any further? I hope this isn't the case for you. Here's hoping for good news for you :xxx
Thanks for reply. I used first response on Fri but i tested out of a clean container and this was pos. Since then i have used other brands and tested straight onto the stick and these have been neg. I have no spotting since earlier and have no cramps but still no AF. Will wait the rest of the week and see what happens. :thnk
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Mateus, that sounds really hopeful! My first few tests were first response (they were on 2 for 1 in the train station :-8 ) and I didn't get a positive on a different test for about a week.. it's so frustrating, I know.. but hopefully you will know for definite one way or the other really soon! Keeping fingers crossed for you, good luck! xx
Nadie Posts: 1111
Is it possible you didn't wee on to the sticks for long enough? As Mrs Bean says, I'd go back and get another first response, god love you you don't know where you are now for a few days. I hope you get your BFP and please god it's not a chemical pregnancy.
Wife09 Posts: 873
Hi Mateaus, Been through similar. The first responce ones are more sensitive than the others. Test with a first responce again, if there is no line then I would talk to your doc and have her order 48hr HCG levels. Basically, they will test your blood for HCG which is only found in pregnancy. If it is found they will then 48hrs later at t he same time of day take your blood again for testing. If your HCG levels have in and around doubled you are pregnant. If they have not and you had a level of HCG its likely you had a molar pregnancy, blighted ovum or chemical pregnancy. But you know Id all these worries and the first reponce were the ones that were right and everything is grand. We're all different!! The doc had me all freaked out that the line wasnt getting stronger and there wasnt much hope but the bloods turned out fine and Im blooming!! I hope all goes well for you. X
CarrieT Posts: 57
The girls are right. Do another FR test, they're def the most sensitive I think. Best of luck with it x
Hi Girls, Started to bleed heavy this morning. Doc sent me to EPU. Had scan and there is no baby there. Got bloods done and will know results tomorrow and maybe this will explain the + test. Thanks for your replies girls, and I will just have to try again.
lunasa* Posts: 46
so sorry to hear this mateus. please god you'll have a + very soon. take care. :lvs
lunasa* Posts: 46
so sorry to hear this mateus. please god you'll have a + very soon. take care. :lvs