thank god for mashed potatoes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
they are about the only thing i can eat at the moment. That and salty crackers. Can't stand the idea of toast or bread at the moment.
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Sorry know its not funny but broke my heart laughing when I read ur post title, u poor thing hopefully it will pass soon
Christmas B Posts: 6191
Isn't it funny how we can go off certain foods!! I cannot abide the ping pong of a chinese take-away or an indian now!! Makes me want to hurl!! I guess it's a good food to be turned off from!!!
found myself looking longingly at the pickled onions and gherkins in tesco the other day :o0 and i also find i want food that is juicy - like watermelons, cucumbers etc.
mondeo Posts: 26
Hi Ginger Nut, I lived on mashed potatoes and tined peas mashed up together for about a month. Have all the pity in the world for ya, morning sickness is such a bit*h, espically when it last all day :hic . I'm not really making you feel much better am I :eek . Well good luck and think of the end result :xox
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
when i was pregnant I was craving savory rice!!! went off choc altogether and couldn't stand the smell of onions (which I usually love) I could also detect smells a mile away... u poor pet my heart goes out to u... at least its not bad for u... also it may be a craving for carbs hon? for energy to sustain u and baba... as for the juicy food could u maybe be dehydrated?? just a thought
drinking water like a mad thing so don't think dehydrated - it's more a texture thing i think wanting the juicy foods - - anything that requires any chewing is a no-no at the moment.
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
ah bless... well don't deny urself if u want it then have it hon...
Perci Posts: 3847
[quote:2rcqrrew]found myself looking longingly at the pickled onions and gherkins in tesco the other day and i also find i want food that is juicy - like watermelons, cucumbers etc. [/quote:2rcqrrew] That's funny, I polished off a huge jar of pickled onions in 2 days. Was eating them out of the jar in front of the tele last night....
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm all for plain food at the moment too. Have a freezer load of M&S mashed potato (orgasmic). Also have a big thing for plain white toast with loads of butter. Don't like anything too exotic. Wonder if your child will grow to love mashed potato? My mother had cravings for ice cream for the full 9 months and I am still crazy about it!