Thank You Card Wording

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sineaddiamond Posts: 96
Im trying to decide what i should print on my thank you cards. they will be going to people that attended the wedding and gave a gift and didnt give a gift and also to people that werent invited to the wedding and gave a gift. i dont want to have to write each card out so would love a verse that would just cover everything. any ideas???
candlequeen Posts: 991
"We would like to thank you for sharing in our special day with us, your thoughtfulness and generosity were very much appreciated." "We would like to thank you for joining us on our special day, your presence and generosity were greatly appreciated." "Thank You for helping us celebrate our special day, your thoughtfulness and generosity were very much appreciated." Or something along those lines :o0
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I think it's nice to handwrite the card and personalise it. If people went to the effort of attending a buying a gift, I think thanking them specifically for it rather than a generic card is better. OUrs just had our name and wedding date on the front with 'Thank You' and then we wrote the message on the blank bit. It was nice to be able to say 'Thanks for the lovely vase, it looks fab on our mantlepiece' or 'Thanks for your really generous gift, it was much appreciated' you know? Kinda let the guests know you remember who gave them what!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Ahhh bloody bloody pressed submit before I was ready. Just to add: we split ours and I wrote mine for my side of the family and my husband wrote his. We did them over about three nights, that's all it took really and that was taking it handy.