Thanks for the cheerful stories.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lux Posts: 6270
So as some may know I am now a fiance and as we got engaged on hols we've only met the families/friends over the weekend to show off the ring/tell them we've a provisional date/regale them with our good news. However, Mr Lux and I have had a right oul giggle at some of the ludicrous stories we've been told: -So-and-so got married five years ago and they're separated now, turns out he was gay all along -I heard John's friend's cousin's best mate called off the wedding on the morning but the guests didn't know and all turned up at the church -I know a bride who was half an hour late and the priest got so annoyed he went off to play golf and told her he'd be back at 6 that evening to do the ceremony -When my cousin got married the organist had a heart attack, it ruined the whole day ....and on it goes. Thanks for the good wishes and heartfelt sentiments for the future friends and family!
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
[color=#400080:1sv9nm8f]Oh God... The joy of the "Y'know yer wan down the road?" stories... :duh: All you can do is laugh and joke about it... Love the one about the priest heading off to play golf! :o0 Think the worst one I've heard was when a local girl got married, apparently she tripped when she was walking into the reception, fell and broke her nose. Her broken nose started to pump blood and she ended up dyeing her dress scarlet! Hope that puts your mind at ease, it probably won't happen to you! :-8 [/color:1sv9nm8f]
Finished here Posts: 2860
:o0 :o0 Ah Lux you poor thing people are mental. Wait till you announce a pg if you decide to have kids - the horror stories you hear then :eek my aunt told me a few days after my babs was born about a woman that dropped her newborn in the local shopping centre :o( :o( :o( I just told her to shut up before I heard the end of it !
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
That's HILARIOUS :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: It's almost as heartwarming as when OH called his father to tell him the good news, and Wicked Stepmother answered the phone: OH - "Hey Wicked Stepmother, I'm just calling with some news - I asked Cabbage to marry me, and she said yes!" WS - *long pause* "That's nice... Did I tell you your sister passed her driving test?" :o0 Oh yeah, and OH's brother, the first time we saw him after getting engaged (a few weeks later, at their family BBQ): OH - "Sup bro? [OK, so French equivalent of "sup bro?"] Did you hear the good news?" OH Bro - "About our sister passing her driving test? Yeah! Isn't it great?" OH - "Eh, no, I meant about me and Cabbage getting married." OH Bro - "Oh yeah" *wanders off in search of beer, never to return* I mean, the sister is 18 and had been taking driving lessons for 18 months, it's not like she had been struggling to pass her test for decades, or passed against incredible odds because of a disability or something...
Jawl Posts: 8881
Oh god, don't ya just love it! :o0 It's like when you tell somebody 'oh, I booked a holiday', 'yeah? where to?' 'XXX', 'Oh god, don't go there, the food is awful, it's filthy, and you'll be robbed if you step outside your hotel' :o0
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
[quote="Fat Frog":3jx8op7e]:o0 :o0 Ah Lux you poor thing people are mental. Wait till you announce a pg if you decide to have kids - the horror stories you hear then :eek my aunt told me a few days after my babs was born about a woman that dropped her newborn in the local shopping centre :o( :o( :o( I just told her to shut up before I heard the end of it ![/quote:3jx8op7e] sorry to jump the post - its actually funny now because its so unbelievable: a Guy i know (an absolute header) said to me when in the pub one night that in the early 80's we went to quinssworth to do a shop. he had their 1 week old baby with him. he got to the till packed the shopping bags and went home, he was home about half an hour when his missus came in and said ???? where is the baby :eek - he left it at the till!!! he totally forgot about it and had gone home- when he went back the baby was up in the office surrounded by women all fussing about the baby, they felt so sorry for him the state he was in that none of them gave out. he was in safe hands i suppose back then, with all the irish mammys- but can you believe it congrats lux ! didye set a date yet
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
[quote="mrsdiamond":3pt9eotj] he got to the till packed the shopping bags and went home, he was home about half an hour when his missus came in and said ???? where is the baby :eek - he left it at the till!!! he totally forgot about it and had gone home- [/quote:3pt9eotj] Oh. My. GOD!!!! I know I shouldn't but that post made me HOWL with laughter!!!! The EEJIT :eek :eek :eek :o0 :o0 :o0
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
[quote="cabbagehead":2h7vyu5f][quote="mrsdiamond":2h7vyu5f] he got to the till packed the shopping bags and went home, he was home about half an hour when his missus came in and said ???? where is the baby :eek - he left it at the till!!! he totally forgot about it and had gone home- [/quote:2h7vyu5f] Oh. My. GOD!!!! I know I shouldn't but that post made me HOWL with laughter!!!! The EEJIT :eek :eek :eek :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:2h7vyu5f] i know! its grand coz obviously the baby was fine- but what a Dick i nearly wet myself when he told me the story!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
:o0 :o0 Ah yes... those "Yer won down the road" stories.... There is always one for every occassion!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Do people not think when telling these stories?? They rarely instill confidence. I was told about a girl who got a bug the day before her wedding and had to *ahem* use the facilities have way through the mass. :-8 Another girls dad passed away suddenly two nights before the wedding day. They still went ahead with the service but not the reception/party obviously. What do people expect you to say though? Oh we won't bother going ahead with it so, in case something goes wrong :duh: