Thanks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ShadowHaven Posts: 146
Thanks!
Ellefun Posts: 1312
They are lots of worthy causes. The ones that are foremost in my mind are - Barnardos, Console or Pieta House.
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
I raised money for Child line one year & a hospital the next year. Really depends on your personal choice. Could you divide it into two if u are really torn?
There are so many worthy charities, its a hard decision to pick one. I never thought about splitting the donations to be honest. Something else to think about.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
I was just about to suggest splitting the donations too, that way, both charities benefit. I'm doing it for Headstrong this year. :o)ll As daunting as the race seems, it's great craic! Fingers crossed they're not extending the maximum numbers of entrants - yet again!! Maximum means maximum, not let's add on another 10,000 so the race is like one giant can of sardines! Best of luck - I suppose I better get the runners on, and actually do some training for it!! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
I keep hearing that its great craic ... I will wait and see! I'm dreading it to be honest, not the fittest person going!
[quote="ShadowHaven":2mg91ufa]I keep hearing that its great craic ... I will wait and see! I'm dreading it to be honest, [b:2mg91ufa]not the fittest person going[/b:2mg91ufa]![/quote:2mg91ufa] Meet your sister!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: I'm hoping the recent weightloss with help me actually move (I'm down a stone already! :o)ll )
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
[quote="ShadowHaven":1s0ccc1j]There are so many worthy charities, its a hard decision to pick one. I never thought about splitting the donations to be honest. Something else to think about.[/quote:1s0ccc1j] The only thing about splitting is that generally you wear a t-shirt or vest belonging to the charity you are collecting for. So for that reason I think you should pick one charity. And you'll enjoy it so much you'll end up doing it again next year and can collect for the other charity then! I'm doing it for Dublin Simon this year. So happy when the pack arrived and it was a white vest. I've done it before for other charities that give you this massive heavy t-shirt, which on a sunny afternoon in June is basically like signing up to die of sweat and dehydration.
Ideally, I'd like to do it for Irish Autism Action and Headstrong. In a moment of madness, I thought I would cut the t-shirts in half, so the front part would have the Headstrong logo, and the back would be IAA! :o0
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
There are so many worthy charities but I have done it for CARA twice and a local hospital another year. Was actually really nice to do it for someone local though.