THE ABSOLUTE W****RS!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
Hubby just got an email from his head office in Canada to say that they overpaid him on his bonus last month, theywere supposed to give him x amount in canadian dollars but they forgot to change it to euros and gave him the euro amount of what it should have been in canadian dollars if you get me.. now the feckers are asking for the difference back.. its over 700 euro.. can they do this? xx
clucky Posts: 26471
well it was their error really so they shouldnt
Mrs Febbride Posts: 1234
surely not that is awful................ >:o( tell him to say its gone and he wont return it as it was their error >:o)
sinion Posts: 6050
oh no!! bastards O:|
i just ran it by the girls in my office too and they say they cant make him pay it back..its up to him ....but they could probably sack him if he didn't thing is...he's not arsed about keeping up a good imporession with the company or anything..he's looking to get out, they've treated him like shit from day one.. and now the feckers tell him this when he's supposed to be sleeping cos he's in at 11pm tonight, and now he's so wound up he can't even sleep.. the bastards... O:| O:| O:| O:|
bingowings Posts: 1388
A guy I know got paid twice one month by accident. Technically he didn't have to give it back but when requested to do so it was hinted that it would be remembered in future if he didn't (possibly affecting future pay rises and bonuses). Kinda of a threat by HR but he reckoned it would less hassle in the long run to give it back. So instead of taking a chunk out of the next pay packet, they spread it out over 3 or 4 months.
it IS gone... it was used to pay off o/s wedding debts.. they were already a month late in giving it to him.. >:o(
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
thats ridiculous, stingy bastards
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
Can he make an agreement to pay them back at 100 euros per month over 7 months? It would make it a bit easier.
*gone* Posts: 4785
Tell them they can take it off the next Christmas bonus ... and then he can jack the job in!