The Apprentice At Home Spinoff

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I recorded this on Monday and have just watched it - I'm seething. They showed four of the male candidates, Will, Dave, Jamie and Kieran, taking the p*ss out of the Greek guy, Panos, behind his back because he's gay. They were all laughing that Dave has to share a room with him and were basically implying that he's either going to somehow "catch gayness" off Panos or else end up handcuffed to his bed with a f-ing rag in his mouth - i.e. because he is a gay man Panos is definitely going to sexually assault his male roommate. I'm absolutely appalled a) that three men in their late twenties could behave like this and think it was so hilarious and b) that TV3 would not only film this but screen it too. FFS. My brother is gay and it absolutely pains me to think that he will face this sort of imbecilic behaviour throughout his life. I'm fuming.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
No way. God thats disgraceful all together. I would mail TV3 and let your complaint be known.
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
I have recorded this show but haven't watched it yet. Can't believe anyone would find that funny, or tv3 would think it's ok to screen it.
I've just sent them an e-mail. I actually couldn't believe it, it seemed to go on for ages. One of them was mincing around supposedly doing an impression of the guy, like it was just so backwards, I couldn't get over it. The three lads are 28/29 - I'm so surprised and disappointed that attitudes like this still exist.
[quote="StupidSexyFlanders":2mq36c4a]I've just sent them an e-mail. I actually couldn't believe it, it seemed to go on for ages. One of them was mincing around supposedly doing an impression of the guy, like it was just so backwards, I couldn't get over it. The three lads are 28/29 - I'm so surprised and disappointed that attitudes like this still exist.[/quote:2mq36c4a] You would be surprised SFF Its not the same thing (well kind of is) but a "friend" of mine posted on facebook one day.... do you think that people with disabilies were rapisits and murderers in a past life and this is their punishment?????" To say I was shock and appauled is an understatement. This person is well aware of my sons problems. They were swiftly deleted. Just couldnt believe in this day and age people can still have those sort of backwards narrowminded views on life.
aston Posts: 4100
I watched The Apprentice at home and must have missed this SFF. I kinda was tuned out cause thought the actual show was such a load of crap. I am so glad you emailed the show. I am in shock that anyone out there in this day and age and supposedly 'educated' men would have this attitude.
[quote="ScarlettoHara":2zhwxy80][quote="StupidSexyFlanders":2zhwxy80]I've just sent them an e-mail. I actually couldn't believe it, it seemed to go on for ages. One of them was mincing around supposedly doing an impression of the guy, like it was just so backwards, I couldn't get over it. The three lads are 28/29 - I'm so surprised and disappointed that attitudes like this still exist.[/quote:2zhwxy80] You would be surprised SFF Its not the same thing (well kind of is) but a "friend" of mine posted on facebook one day.... do you think that people with disabilies were rapisits and murderers in a past life and this is their punishment?????" To say I was shock and appauled is an understatement. This person is well aware of my sons problems. They were swiftly deleted. Just couldnt believe in this day and age people can still have those sort of backwards narrowminded views on life.[/quote:2zhwxy80] Jeeeeeeesus Christ! What an assh*le thing to say. Its depressing to think there are grown adults who think its ok to behave that offensively. Do they not care that they're being offensive or are they just that thick that they don't realise? I actually went back and watched those scenes again after I e-mailed TV3 just to see if I wasn't being over sensitive but I wasn't - they were being so smug in their jokes, they made me sick. One of them said to the guy who is sharing the room: "Do the public know you're sharing with Panos? I want to make sure that goes on camera" as if its something he should be embarrassed about. Then another one said to the same guy: "If you survive on this show you're going to be the gayest man in Carlow. You'll arrive back on the building site in just a yellow hat and a pair of denim hotpants". Em...stereotype much you immature f*ck? Oh and the one that really p*ssed me off? They said the guy could have a spinoff show with Panos after The Apprentice was finished but instead of Two and a Half Men it would be called "One and a Half Men" - now that to me is an implication that Panos is only half a man because he's gay. Pathetic bigots.
That really is disgraceful SSF and you have every right to be annoyed. I didnt watch it my self. I hope they get lots of emails over it
ott Posts: 3920
SSF, I didn't watch it, and I won't now because I couldn't sit through that sort of shite, but I emailed TV3 pretending I have watched it and complaining. I hope they publicly apologise. Oh, and Scarlett, I cannot believe what that person posted on FB :eek >:o( :eek >:o( :eek >:o(
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I'm shocked at that SSF (and also your story Scarlett), although more shocked that TV3 aired it to than I am that the guys said it. There are some complete idiots out there unfortunately. Good on you for emailing them.