The Beauty Suite/BT counters

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

millicent Posts: 212
Hi Girls, I want to get my make-up done for a Wedding I am going to in a month or so. I've found a place called "The Beauty Suite" on South William Street - it would cost 45 euro to get it done there but it looks nice and it would suit as I am getting my hair done nearby. Have any of you heard anything about it? I was also thinking of one of the counters in BT. BUT, I would prefer to have a name of a make-up artist before going down that road - seeing the make-up on some of the girls working there does not inspire confidence. Thanks.
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
The Beauty Suite is a beauty salon, they've a good rep so i'm sure they're good at make up . You also have Brown Sugar on South William Street who are the some of the best in the business at make-up!
makeupaddict Posts: 592
Remember in Bt you'll get to walk away with products after getting your make up done. Technically they dont charge, you just have to purchase 3 products when you go in for your appointment. Whereas at the salon, you just get your face done. You could ring a counter that you're familiar with their products and ask for an appointment with their chief make up artist. I work for a cosmetic house and we often get calls like that.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
In Arnotts, they do free make up without appointment. I heard it is really good. I haven't tried it yet, but have often seen people waiting to have it done and have heard about it as well.
[quote="makeupaddict":bzbw8nhf]Remember in Bt you'll get to walk away with products after getting your make up done. Technically they dont charge, you just have to purchase 3 products when you go in for your appointment. Whereas at the salon, you just get your face done. You could ring a counter that you're familiar with their products and ask for an appointment with their chief make up artist. I work for a cosmetic house and we often get calls like that.[/quote:bzbw8nhf] I meant to say 2 products, not 3. Apologies for that! Just noticed it now
Dusty21 Posts: 16
Hi I am a make up artist for Bobbi Brown in BT's and we offer a complimentary service for make overs. Now technically it is with a view to purchasing two products so as said before you might as well do that and you get to go home with what ever you buy. Most counters are now really booked up for Xmas but if wedding is after that you could try that. HTH
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
So you can get the free trial done and then buy any two products that was used during the trial?
[quote="gramurray":g3ook02d]So you can get the free trial done and then buy any two products that was used during the trial?[/quote:g3ook02d] Ya exactly