The Broadhaven Bay Hotel, Belmullet.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WaltKawolski Posts: 149
I'm thinking of organising a family get together at The Broadhaven Bay Hotel in Belmullet, County Mayo. Has anyone any feedback. I don't know anything about it and would appreciate some reviews before I part with any cash!!
theoracle Posts: 7664
Have been there for several functions, as DH's family are from the area, so weddings, birthdays etc tend to take place there! Couple of years ago I would have been hesitant to recommend it, but since they got this new event manager in, the place had turned around. Went there for a wedding in May and it was great service wise and food wise, teh guy was bending himself over backwards. We all also went for food there the day after the wedding and the food was fantastic. Everybody that stayed over in the hotel were pleased, and the rooms are nice also. They also have a beauty spa, pool, gym and a hardresser. Def thumbs up from me.
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
Its a lovely hotel. 5 minutes walk into the town. Staff are all great and will do anything to help. I'm from the area but would stay there often when I take H2B down for some "us" time Food in it is definately worth it but if you're in the area check out Carne Golf Links too as the food is just superb there too.
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Was actually only there yesterday for dinner with dh, have never stayed there as dh is only living around the corner but we always go there for food even I'm visiting and have to say the staff are always lovely have never had any complaints with the food or service and it is a very nice hotel with fab views!!!
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
another local and would highly recommend it... never attended a poor function there, new manager has really turned place around.. only reason I'm not having my own reception there is that [i:peqpf25p]all[/i:peqpf25p] of local friends/relatives weddings have been held there and wanted to change things a bit ! also would definitely second Starbar2010's recommendation on the food in Carne Golf Links.. absolutely divine!! John Conmy's food is beyond reproach....but watch.. the portions are ridiculously huge!! :wv
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
true about the portions but who complains when they are given too much food! But seriosuly you'll be stuffed. No need for starters Probably need to book it in advance too as its a very popular spot with locals!