the cheek of her!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Xxcitedwife Posts: 835
Just want to look for opinions! My OH brothers wife, lets call her Mary, is a pain in the bum! after 7 years with OH i have plenty reasons to say this............but i wont go in to detail or i think my head will explode!!honestly, not one friend or member of my family understand why i still talk to her! but oh and her oh are brothers-i have to for their sake and the kids. Shes always been bit odd about presents, i actually got a present from her one year with the sticker "happy christmas mary, from joan" still on it!!who does that?? :eek i would prefer not to get anything, rather than that ANYWAY, my kids were 1 on sat and i had a party for them, Mary walked in an hour late, huffing and puffing that she was workin and rushed blah blah! ALWAYS centre of attention!the 2 kids were with her, off they went to play and left the kids presents in the hall. After while OH's niece asked to open the presents , i did. There were 2 toys for the babies, very nice of her BUT also wrapped up was the dress up costume i bought for his nieces bday a month ago..............every one was looking and just said "oh it doesnt fit her????" :eek :eek who does that?? wraps up and gives a present back to someone and says-it didnt fit her!! eh shes 4 and my little girl is 1?? why the hell give it back?? O:| is that weird or just me??
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
i dont know what to say other than shes a total weirdo... would she not let ye know when you gave the girl the dress up costume it didnt fit, so you could change it?? very disrespectful to add it in to your daughters gift, and give you a xmas gift with her name still on the gift tag...... oh what a loser >:o( >:o( O:|
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Regifting to the person who got you the gift?! She is very tactless indeed. She should have just explained about the costume, and made up a polite excuse but regifting a outfit for a 4 year old to your one year old is so rude. She sounds like she doesn't want to make any effort with you and makes everything, even a nice kiddies party, into a chore for herself. I would just try to switch off from her and realise she has no manners, simple as. I think it's nice you've made an effort and exchange presents for Chrismtas and things but I wouldn't bother from now on. Just say it to her next time that there is no need to bother with the grown ups exchanging presents and that Christmas is for the children anyway. Obviously she doesn't see gifts as a nice gesture, just another task for herself.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
wrap it up and give it back the next birthday :o0 what an ejit
workingmom Posts: 3429
Well, we all have people in our families, we'd rather not have, but that's the way it is. I wonder did she re-wrap the present or did she just give it back as you gave it? perhaps she was thinking, well, it won't fit my LO but it will fit your LO some day... to be fair, she did bring other presents for your kids, it's not as if she used it as the main present or anything. I'm not saying that what she did was right, I'm just looking at it another way, would it have been worse if she brought it back and asked for the receipt so she could change it for something else?
whoop Posts: 1310
I'd imagine it's the manner she presented the dress in, if it was with the sentiment that it would fit op's LO one day then she could have handed it to her and said this nicely I suppose rather than at a birthday party. Ah well, families! They're all a bit mad in some shape or form :)
gillette Posts: 1803
Yup, MrsFlan2B, she's definitely odd!
Xxcitedwife Posts: 835
thanks girls.............phewwwww! there was me thinking maybe im the only one that things its just a not nice thing to do! [quote="mrs gk":27yckmvo]Well, we all have people in our families, we'd rather not have, but that's the way it is. I wonder did she re-wrap the present or did she just give it back as you gave it? perhaps she was thinking, well, it won't fit my LO but it will fit your LO some day... to be fair, she did bring other presents for your kids, it's not as if she used it as the main present or anything. I'm not saying that what she did was right, I'm just looking at it another way, would it have been worse if she brought it back and asked for the receipt so she could change it for something else?[/quote:27yckmvo] mrs gk, i wouldnt mind at all if she had said it was too small and she wanted to change it, sure i got it in smyths-u dont even need a receipt to exchange it for something else?? she actually told me, she opened it and knew it was too small but squeezed her into it to take a photo of her in it??WTF?? it was wrapped in new wrapping paper! girls i have done the reusing gift thing, with adult gifts that i got and know i wont get any use out of-but jesus never to the same person!! ok, im just gonna accept families are strange! and sure i aint marrying the sis in law am i haha! :o0
workingmom Posts: 3429
OK, that's a different story, she's mean. The worst thing I ever saw was my aunt gave my mum a box of cheese crackers at christmas, as if that wasn't bad enough, when we opened them, they were half empty! I think her kids must have gotten in and eaten them, still, though, I know I always make sure seals aren't broken on things. It was so funny!