Menu

The Fantabulous DIY Wedding Thread

Go to DIY

Gatica
New Wolly

Re: The Fantabulous DIY Wedding Thread

Postby Gatica » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:02 am

Sorry to hear that drummerswife. My flowers colour had to be changed a bit cos they were seasonal, so also had to go with mix of darker and lighter colours. Prob got lucky with person was dealing with though.

roma2011
Royal Wolly

Postby roma2011 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Wollies :wv I'm just checking in here after a long break from WOL and am so pleased to see my DIY thread up over 100 pages long! I have such fond memories of my wedding, particularly the DIY elements that my family and I laboured over. Happy DIYing everyone - it'll be well worth it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:53 am

Love DIYing, so couldn't wait to start DIY for my wedding...

I have made my tears of joy pockets...
I have cross-stitched my table numbers, and some tiny ones for the table plan...
I have made espy
I have done up bathroom baskets, with hand stamped labels...
I have hand stamped labels for the drinks reception...
I have done up dishes of speech bingo for each table...
I have hand stamped 'lovelies patient' etc for attaching to jam jars for going down the aisle
I have done a mock up of the invite and order of service...
I have bought fabric for mr&mrs bunting to tie at the front of our table (a sweetheart table)
I have our initials and yarn to decorate them, plan to use these for our engagement shoot and then hang from tree in reception venue (weather dependant)
I will display our parent's wedding photos in the venue. I will also display our engagement photos along with our favourite love quotes, phrases...
We will serve my Nana's and his Granny's signature bakes along with our wedding cake
We plan to make pompoms for hanging in the bar area...
I plan to do up welcome baskets in the rooms and also hen/stag do recovery packs...
I also have plans to do up a wee activity pack for the only child at the wedding, my niece the flowergirl, will be three...
I am DIYing a grooms journal for my fiancé as part of his wedding present.
I am doing the centrepieces myself too and am currently gathering all the bottles/jars/vases needed...I have stamped labels with our initials and date for going around some of these, I also plan to decorate them with a white sharpie, ribbons, lace etc...
We will have an advice jar and a card chest and a crate with flip flops
I have 200 'please don't take my drink, I'm dancing' labels to hand stamp...
I have also done 'water' labels for the water on the tables...
We will also do our own menus so that they match in with our theme, on the back of these we will do a thank you...
I will have a blackboard in the church with 'as two families are becoming one, we ask you to choose a seat not a side'
Another blackboard in the bar area with a wee poem about toasting the new bride and groom, can't remember it off the top of my head...

So lots to do, but lots already done - wedding isn't until 2015, so I've loads of time!
I've tried to attach picks... not sure if it has worked....

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:56 am

The picks are all too big apparently... this is the only one I can put up... :( and it'd awful quality, the good photos are all too big...
Attachments
MYSUPERTABLET - WIN_20131128_153508.JPG
MYSUPERTABLET - WIN_20131128_153508.JPG (187.75 KiB) Viewed 842 times

mrsb2b2014
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsb2b2014 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:11 am

Fab DIY ideas, can you tell me where you got the stamp please?
Dont let anyone ever dull your sparkle xx

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 pm

I just bought alphabet stamps from hobbycrafts.co.uk....that way I could re use them

The Fancy Photobooth
craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:12 pm

These are my invites, I think they match in with other aspects of my wedding well...

So, there's three sheets in each invite. The first is the actual invite, we will print the names on these...
The second is the RSVP card, this card is perforated, so please can tear off the yes or no and pop it in the post like a postcard. Our address is printed on the back, with a wee square ready for a stamp.
The third is the directions, with accommodation details on the back...

Delighted to get this done, so happy with how they look and pleased that the perforation idea worked!

Honest opinions please? Do they look ok??
Attachments
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpRFKvRk.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpRFKvRk.jpg (19.82 KiB) Viewed 654 times
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpYFn6i5.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpYFn6i5.jpg (27.05 KiB) Viewed 654 times
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpWC9kLa.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpWC9kLa.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 654 times
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpfsb81t.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpfsb81t.jpg (23.59 KiB) Viewed 654 times

LittleLily
Most Helpful, Most Knowledgeable User 2011

Postby LittleLily » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 am

Look fabulous. One suggestion I can think of is to make sure you subtly number the RSVPs in case people forget to write their names on it. Seems to be so obvious but apparently its happened before and if you have a list of numbers and who they are sent to, it will take the guessing game out of it. Maybe include a phone number or email address on the RSVP also in case people prefer not to go the posting route.
ImageImage

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:04 am

I saw that idea on pinterest, tempted to do it, despite there being a massive line to write your name on, there's bound to be at least one that will come back blank!

On the accommodation sheet, we're putting our wedding email address and our wedding website if people wish to use that....

Previous

Go to DIY